Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am looking for a full system exhaust for my raptor. I am not sure what kind to get so i am looking for some suggestions. i would like to get more power out of it and a loud deep sound.i am not too worried about price but dont want to spend more then $650. please help. thanks :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
You really can't go wrong with any of them...
Some of my personal favorites are:
Two Brothers
HMF
FMF
Yoshimura
If you can mount a two brothers slip on, on an FMF powerbomb, that would be a sweet exhaust! you really can't get much more free flowing exhaust without just removing the slip on completely and running open headers!!!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd get the FMF powerbomb head pipe and silencer, then spend what you have left over on K&N filter and Dyno jet-kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i allready have the k&n love them...do you know how the fmf sounds? im looking for more power but also a nice deep loud sound :)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Deep and loud is HMF :) But the FMF makes just as much or more power. It's a toss up because they are only seperated by like tenths of horsepower ratings. I've heard the CT does good stuff for the top end, where as the full DR.D adds lots of low end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im looking at the hmf competition series full system not slip on i really like it i just hope it has the two things im looking for, more power witch im sure it will and that loud deep sound.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I doubt you will be disappointed. The HMF is a nice system since it has the 3 power tips to change noise levels...Which I would normally just leave the loudest one in, but I have some lame neighbors lol. So you can adapt it to where you ride in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
The Competition Series has the 3 tips, the Sport Series only comes with one, which is like stage 3 in the Comp. Series.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Youtube will tell you how they will sound :)
Good call. I spent a good month on Youtube deciding which ones I liked. But then again, you can't get the full effect since most people have pretty bad cameras.;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rage is a good one. By far the least restrictive. But you need the mods to get full gains from it. And it's super deep/loud. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Good call. I spent a good month on Youtube deciding which ones I liked. But then again, you can't get the full effect since most people have pretty bad cameras.;)
Good call again. I guess just some searching will have to be done.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
hmf are loud but quite enough so neighbors dont bitch=)
I wish I had your neighbors! My brothers got an HMF on his Predator 500 and when I used to take it for an occasional rip around my field I'd get a call from a neighbor about 1/2 mile away

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the HMF slip on and when i am racing without quitcore it sounds 114 db. but with quitcore it sounds about 110 db. so it has a laud sound and if you are jetting and you got the k&n airfilter you will get a litle more power than stock, and you can also choose the coller and the endcap on the HMF:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really like the option of having 3 tips because I have lame neighbors too! I saw on hmf website that they recommend not using the air box cover? Do you have to do that? I saw some people got vents for the cover.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really like the option of having 3 tips because I have lame neighbors too! I saw on hmf website that they recommend not using the air box cover? Do you have to do that? I saw some people got vents for the cover.
if you have a k&n system you dont need a box, nd ur best to go with a FMF system. Powerbomb header and Powercore 4 slip-on. It give a good power boost and a pretty impressive sound you will be happy with. i just put the system on my 350 nd im very happy :). use the rest of the money for a dynojet jet kit and upgrade ur sprocket. new sprocket will be $50 or 60$ and depending on weather you get a 12t or 14 or 15t one will make ur top end (top speed) better and one will make ur launch way better. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts