Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2011 raptor 250 and I talked the wife into letting me get a full exhaust, carb jets, and high flow filter. Ive been doing a lot of research into what the best company to go with would be. I am kinda leaning towards CT. They have a good price, like 500 for the full exhaust and carb jets, and seem to produce a lot of power and have a good sound. Im probably going to put the K&N filter on it, unless anyone has any proof that there is a better filter out there. I basically want to know what you guys think of the CT kit and if there is a better kit out there. It seems to be a great set up but im just basically going off of what i have read. I also was wondering if rejetting the carb is something i could do myself or if i have to take it to a shop. Any input would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fmf q4 gets my vote...not too loud...I think k&n filters suck...Would try one of the foam filters like twin or no toil. K&n let in alot of dirt and would mess up my mass air sensors in my cars...could be diff for bikes but rather have an oiled foam filter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does the Ct have a quiet insert? I'd take that into consideration, as the CT is suppose to be a loud pipe. I was gonna get the CT, but due to strict sound regulations here in Michigan, I am gonna do the HMF with the adjustable sound cores. If it wasn't for sound, I'd get the CT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I live about 25 miles from town and ride on my own land so im fine with loud. I would actually prefer it to be loud haha. Ive been seeing alot of good reviews on the Big Gun system too. Still leaning towards the CT system but if there is proof of the Big Gun being better I will consider it.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Both have good info but neither test had the CT in it. Is there any test out there that put the CT up against the competition?
I havn't seen anything with the CT yet. However, you might want to take into account the type of riding your going to be doing. According to HMF, the slip on makes more hp and torque earlier, with the full exhaust sytem being more of a top end power. If your not doing any more motor mods, the slip on might be more suited for your needs.... heres there dyno and info....

"NOTE: The stock engine (carb, cam, bore) can be improved with aftermarket parts.
We designed the FULL SYSTEM HEADPIPE different than stock because we know you will be adding carb, cam, bore mods in the future.
Because of this, you will notice that the slip on makes a tad more power in the low end than the full system.
This is because of the larger headpipe/muffler, once you mod the engine the FULL SYSTEM will really pull some HORSEPOWER numbers".

http://hmfracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3429

1 - 10 of 10 Posts