Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having problems with my raptor it will be fine for a few hours and just out of nowhere it will start backfireing and popping then just die then i hit the starter twice and it starts up and runs fine for another 5 hrs or so and it does it all over again it has done it about 6 times now and the quads only 4 months old anyone else having this problem? or know what could be causing it?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
sounds like its an ignition problem but I am not sure. if you have had it for 3 or 4 months watch out for clutch my sons shredded and took out the right side motor case with.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the heads up on the motor if it does go i hope it does it soon while its still under warrenty but it still feels ok

i would just bring it in to the dealer but it only does it sometimes its not like it does it all the time

·
Registered
26 Posts
while it's under warranty you should take it in anyway, my sons clutch went after having it for only 3 months and they told us they wouldn't cover it under warranty but they would and did (good will) the parts and labor to put it back together. That was luck cuz that would have been 1500 bucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Starter

...we Have Three Raptors 250's We Already Change The Starter In One , Warrantie Covered Obviously...but Sounds Like A Something Defective In Some Of The Starters...

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Starter

...we Have Three Raptors 250's We Already Change The Starter In One , Warrantie Covered Obviously...but Sounds Like A Something Defective In Some Of The Starters...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your fuel vent, never happened to our 250, but our Outlaw 500 did exactly what your describing. It took us a while to figure it out till one time when it happened we took the cap off and heard the air rush in

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that kinda makes sence because it does the same thing if it runs out of gas and to put a tops on it i went to go ride it on friday and there was a puddle of oil under it some doushe must have thrown a plastic bag in the ditch i ride in and it was underwater wrapped its self around the shaft the gear goes on on the motor and found its way under the seal and ruined it now i have to wait 5 days untill i can ride it because no one within 60 miles has one in stock so i had to order it

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would have to agree - check to make sure your cap vent hose is not twisted or plugged. Replace the cap and vent with a cool new billet version if it is plugged.
We have had a Raptor 250 for about 9 months now and we ride it for 2-3 hours per day. So it has somewhere around 500 hours on it now.
My dealers is only a mile away so we have them service it every 100 hours.
My son rides the )*@#$( out of it, wheelies, bicycles, jumps, hard rocky desert trails. The only problem I have had is that the GYTR rear skid is not holding up to the hard bangs and has wrapped itself up around the chain and the brake rotor. We just upgraded him to a race prepped 450 because he was pushing the 250 to it's limits.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found a few on ebay that im watching i also just found a taillight from the se that i think im gonna get

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
never work with freds motorsports! my seal was supposed to be in last wednesday and they still cant find it after i ordered it the friday before that and they keep giving me horrable excuses and come to find out they never ordered it!

so i ordered it through a different better dealer in my area

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought the SE taillight and I have it installed. I will upload some pics tonight or tomorrow night. The installation was a breeze.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
the cap seems to work because when i took the original vent off the cap it was filled with seeds from the top of weeds. and i finaly receved my seal today so that will get fixed tomarow

·
Registered
19 Posts
How did the seeds get in there? Glad to here you found the problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts