Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We recently just started my frame up rebuild on his raptor 250 for the 2011 season. We will update the rebuild as the parts come in. Here are some pictures.

1st-from towards the end of the season
2nd-before we started tearing it down
3rd-picture of the frame with a teixeira gusset kit powdercoated granny smith green (pics don't do it justice) and a arms powdercoated satin black. The swingarm is satin black too, but we are waiting for bearings for it.

I'll update the rebuild as parts come in and stuff starts going together.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
can't see pics

·
Registered
345 Posts
We recently just started my frame up rebuild on his raptor 250 for the 2011 season. We will update the rebuild as the parts come in. Here are some pictures.
1st-from towards the end of the season
2nd-before we started tearing it down
3rd-picture of the frame with a teixeira gusset kit powdercoated granny smith green (pics don't do it justice) and a arms powdercoated satin black. The swingarm is satin black too, but we are waiting for bearings for it.

I'll update the rebuild as parts come in and stuff starts going together.

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44589&highlight=Raptor+250

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fixed the pictures and you should be able to see them now. Some of the parts we've been waiting for finally came tonight so I'll put some more pictures up tomorrow night when we get them installed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rebuild update

Our parts we ordered arrived the other day and we were able to get going. The parts included some bearings, chain slider and roller, starter and battery, and sprockets. We've managed to have the vito's top end kit installed, the engine in, get most of the wiring done and some other small things like rebuilding the flexx bars in the past 2 nights. Here are some more pics. We're hoping to have it done pretty soon minus some little stuff here and there.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dude,that color looks awesome.We just did the teixeira gusset kit also.We have'nt gotten the motor back from engine builder yet.I noticed that you did'nt add the extra motor mounts from the kit that go on the lower frame rail.Was there a problem with fitting the engine to them? Just wondering for when we get the motor back.Thanks for any input.Scott

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, I love the color too. After I seen some picture of that green while looking at colors there was no doubt that was going to be my new frame color. We didn't have them put on because we had some one putting our new piston and cam in so we didn't have the motor and didn't want to put them on and not have them line up or something, so we decided to leave them out. I see you have a suzuki 50, my brother rode one before the 90 and we still have it and my grandpa has one from the 80's too, they're a blast to ride to go get the mail and stuff. I always thought it'd be cool to put a lifan 110 semi auto engine in one for messing around on one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had a 2002 Suzuki 50 about 7 years ago. My dad bought it off one of his friends after about 2 years of me begging him to get me a quad, and I learned to ride on it. That thing was a blast to ride! I wonder from time to time if that thing is still running, it was such a fun little quad...

I'd love to buy a small little quad again just to beat around with and ride in all the illigal areas lol. Something like a little 2 stroke 90cc. Not sure what it is about small bikes, but they are so damn fun to ride!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My brother just moved to my old 90. It's a polaris predator with the air filter relocated with a k&n, and a pipe(you can really tell it's coming and a 2 stroke once it gets going with the pipe on it). It's a blast to ride but my parents don't like me riding it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You weren't lying, your bars are high! That frame color definately looks cool, what for plastic colors/graphics have you chosen? I think some white fenders would look really cool with the green.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm going to sand my grey plastics and use a heat gun to remove scratches and make it shine like new again. I also bought a black hood that should be arriving next week. Then I'm thinking graphics with a green that is close to the color of the frame on them with my sponsors on them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got a vito's top end kit...sending the head out for work. Can't wait to try it all out. How's your little Rappy run with the kit?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't got to ride it yet. As soon as we get my rear shock back we can pretty much finish it all up and I can finally ride. I wanted to get head work this winter but I didn't end up having enough money left over.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am rebuilding my raptor as well...I just bought Fox floats, podium rear shock, rath racing bumper/grab bar which are powder coated white, precision steering stabilizer, 30mm carb, lonestar a-arms and axle...I am also having my frame powdercoated white and my swing arm red.

I will post pictures here in a week or so...everything is in pieces

·
Registered
608 Posts
I haven't got to ride it yet. As soon as we get my rear shock back we can pretty much finish it all up and I can finally ride. I wanted to get head work this winter but I didn't end up having enough money left over.
i see you have the motoactiv nerfs and bumper. we have had them for 4 years now and love them!!! freddie sheppard called me and invited justin and i to come out to indy this weeked for the dealer expo he got us vip passes. we will be staying at same hotel and goin out for dinner with him and some others in the bizz. i'll take some pics of us and the motoactiv girls:wow:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
i see you have the motoactiv nerfs and bumper. we have had them for 4 years now and love them!!! freddie sheppard called me and invited justin and i to come out to indy this weeked for the dealer expo he got us vip passes. we will be staying at same hotel and goin out for dinner with him and some others in the bizz. i'll take some pics of us and the motoactiv girls:wow:
Have fun, better get some pics lol :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
how do you like your precision stabilizer?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do you like your precision stabilizer?
I had a streamline stabilizer before the precision that I bought barely used for a great price and the precision is way better than the streamline and has way more adjustability. I didn't notice how much it helped in the rough stuff at first until I took a ride on a quad without one after riding with the precision installed for a while.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought one to put on mine, I wrecked last year and dislocated my shoulder, fractured my humeral head and messed up the muscles pretty bad...I noticed after I had healed for a while that my shoulder couldn't stand that much pulling from the quad so I figured it would help.

I am in the process of rebuilding my raptor and haven't got the chance to test it out so I though I would ask

1 - 20 of 78 Posts