Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was given (free!) a Raptor 250 2007 year model. It came with no battery, so we bought one. It had to be cleaned up, rust and dirt removed, etc.

The issue I have is that it will not start. It's turning over, but no plug fire. I've been reading your forum and researching for several weeks. I've seen alot of stator related posts, and CDI box posts.

Does the stator have points? I am very new to this (never owned and ATV) so please bear with me....;)

Any feedback and beginner level help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi guys, I was given (free!) a Raptor 250 2007 year model. It came with no battery, so we bought one. It had to be cleaned up, rust and dirt removed, etc.

The issue I have is that it will not start. It's turning over, but no plug fire. I've been reading your forum and researching for several weeks. I've seen alot of stator related posts, and CDI box posts.

Does the stator have points? I am very new to this (never owned and ATV) so please bear with me....;)

Any feedback and beginner level help will be greatly appreciated!
no pionts. stator and cdi are more than likely good. use a new plug and check for spark with the plug grounded. i would say you have a wireing problem [ key switch,kill switch, fuse, bad ground, loose wire] go to modded raptor . com and go to library you will find the shop manual look at trouble shooting . there are also ways to test things in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts