Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
Have you ever adjusted the valves? That could be an issue when warmed up.

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
When warmed up the valves tighten up causing too much friction and will be hard to start. Lets recap and let me know if I don't understand correctly.

Starts fine when cold
Doesn't start when warmed up
You can start it after it's warmed up but only with jumper cables

Some history on the bike helps as well. What kind of maintenance have you done on it, was it running fine before, stuff like that is key to us helping you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here is the thing- it’s start always only with jumper box when it’s cold and hot dosent matter.
Running fine before when I replace the solenoid relay for few days and than again start only with jump box

When warmed up the valves tighten up causing too much friction and will be hard to start. Lets recap and let me know if I don't understand correctly.

Starts fine when cold
Doesn't start when warmed up
You can start it after it's warmed up but only with jumper cables

Some history on the bike helps as well. What kind of maintenance have you done on it, was it running fine before, stuff like that is key to us helping you.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
Chances are your battery is weak. Trickle/float charge it for a few days and check for at least 13.5 volts.
And, you should check the valve adjustment for the most efficient and quicker starting. Replace the spark plug too.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
Measure your battery volts, then start the motor. Volts should increase, to at least 13 volts up to 14.2 when revved up.

·
Super Moderator
8,858 Posts
I just order one maybe this is the problem
Someone told me maybe stator , maybe cdi
Idk
I have been down this rabbit hole with our 350. Stator provides the current to charge your battery, but you must know what your battery is at before going down this route. If its the CDI, there will be no spark.

Report back with the voltage readings of the battery then we can proceed further, other wise its a guessing game.

Reactions: DEZPERADO
1 - 11 of 11 Posts