Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
raptor 350 mods

yo wats up, i got a question and cant find answers i got a 2007 raptor 350 and i got plenty mods but i was wondering if i can get custom plastics for it??

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont know i had an old 4x4 quad n i didnt trash the plastic see my problem is the plastic is all cracked i dont mind scratchs where are the places for them at cause my front and rear dont even connect and alot of mounts are broken

·
Registered
83 Posts
i bought a 30 dollar exhuast tip on ebay, installed it and noticed a power change imediatly. Cheap and effective

·
Registered
1 Posts
recommended upgrades

So I just got a 2008 Raptor 350 and I am thinking about starting to race. What are some highly recommended upgrades and what are the best brands for them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I just got a 2008 Raptor 350 and I am thinking about starting to race. What are some highly recommended upgrades and what are the best brands for them?
If you look at the first page, it shows recommended upgrades and brands. I'm running a HMF Sport slip on, Modquad intake w/ K&N filter, no airbox lid, 12t front sprocket, and a rejetted carb. These are common Raptor mods and seem to work really well.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think what hes talking about is the Phoenix brand exhaust insert. It replaces the factory insert/spark arrestor. It's a cheap alternative to buying an aftermarket slip on. I have never owned one so i can't tell you how well it works.
or you can just pull out the baffle...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pro taper handlebars. I have SE raptor bend and they feel good and look great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
isn't that insane loud? I don't mind them alittle loud but when it starts to hurt your ears it can be a problem. I have the baffle out on mine and I really like the way it sounds but I don't want it any louder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
raptor 350 jetting problem?

Just put a new GTYR exhaust and Pro Design filter on my wife's 350. Rejetted using a GTYR jet kit and a 150 main and 25 pilot. Also put the retaining clip on the needle valve to the middle spot. Everything went together nicely but am having trouble. It started up initially on choke and died after 5-10 seconds. Now it won't start. Was I suppose to keep the plastic spacer on the needle valve. I copied the new one from the OEM setup. Any suggestions?:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
zazam it's not that loud but now i'm lookin into an akropovic or yoshi full exhaust i can stay neck n neck with my buddies 400ex till he hits top gear so i want a lil extra. any ideas on a rev box. brett it sounds like you aint gettin enough fuel try moving up one size on your pilot or check your float first.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
That is a good question. Do you get a CDI / Rev Box for the 350? If so, I think it would complement the exhausy/intake/jetting mods really well.

Does anyone have experience with it on the 350?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just put a new GTYR exhaust and Pro Design filter on my wife's 350. Rejetted using a GTYR jet kit and a 150 main and 25 pilot. Also put the retaining clip on the needle valve to the middle spot. Everything went together nicely but am having trouble. It started up initially on choke and died after 5-10 seconds. Now it won't start. Was I suppose to keep the plastic spacer on the needle valve. I copied the new one from the OEM setup. Any suggestions?:(
try turning the fuel on, that always helps when i start mine.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts