Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My front and rear sprockets are stock but need to be replaced, i want a little more bottom end in 3rd gear, i want to be able to pop it up in 3rd, any suggestions on sizes?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you want to get the front up you will probably want to go for a 12tooth front sprocket but even then you might struggle in 3rd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay cuz i know my buddy has a suzuki 400 and he can easily get it up in third, i know that bike has much more power so i was just trying to see what i could do. Also, do those rev limit increasers help with top and bottom end?

604 Posts
It will help bottom end because the engine will rev more but, it will only help top end if you have he power to pull the extra revs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so does anyone run a oil cooler, i was reading that theses get to some high temps and heard oil cooler would be beneficial, any special brands or do i make my own custom design?

604 Posts
Directions: http://www.bluetraxx.com/forums/yamaha-yfm350-raptor-warrior-87-present/38920-how-warrior-oil-cooler.html

There are a couple of us that do. I have all the parts and will install and also post pics when I start to tear it down this weekend. It seems easy enough to do. The only thing that is tricky, I think, is the oil galley in the clutch cover. I bought a spare, that looks better than mine, off ebay for $15. Make sure to have atleast one spare case and dont forget the gasket and you will be set!

·
Registered
4 Posts
12 tooth sprocket

Holy S**T that 12 tooth sprocket makes a hell of a difference. Anyone that wants some serious bottom end, GET A 12 TOOTH FRONT! It boosts me over jumps like nothing now.

Hey anyone have any suggestions on some better aftermarket front shocks for the 350 Raptor 08?? Elka's are too expensive for me. Do stock yfz 450 piggybacks work on 350's? Or just something cheaper than elka's? Cant find anything!

·
Registered
17 Posts
the hand adjust fuel mixture screw from msr is a good mod. it doesnt give u any power but it makes quick adjustments effortless. they dont make it for the 350 but the one for the fcr carbs fits perfect. I put it on today and it works awesome! No mor small screw drivers and having to turn the carb sideways to make adjustments.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
an exhaust tip will do nothing for you... just pull the baffle out... its more effective than replacing it.
then just rejet slightly

·
Registered
16 Posts
i need some opinions... i was thinking of buying the 357 kit for my 350, anyone think it would turn out good? i go riding in EVERY type of terrain and i dont want it to blow on me or anything. let me knowww, thanks. laterrr

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you jet a carb. sorry im a newb with raptors
There is a screw near the pipe between the carb and the motor, it sits in the outside of the carb threaded upwards and is quite difficult to reach with normal screw drivers or without twisting the carb sideways. That is your pilot screw, in other words, your fuel adjustment screw. It "tunes" your carb and the carb should be in-tune between 1 and 3.5 turns out.

To tune the quad, run the motor hot, turn the pilot screw in all the way (if you do this while the quad is idling, it should spit a bit and eventually die) then turn the screw out 1 turn and leave it for about 30seconds, set the idling for just above normal idling speed (it is easier to hear the difference when the motor is at higher revs). Turn the screw out a half each time and wait, looking for the highest and most stable idling, when you find a spot close to optimal, you can fine tune it by quarters etc. After all is done, set your idle to where you want it again.

And its done....

:)

41 - 60 of 106 Posts