Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to the forum.

I just recently bought a raptor 350 that had been sitting for 2 years. I've riding it a few times since I bought it with no issues .
This morning I noticed a huge gas leak and when I stand up the quad on the back handlebars, it leaks gas like crazy.

Anybody have any ideas? I haven't been able to find where it's leaking from.
Also, I juiced this piece on the ground next to the quad this morning. Not sure if it's connected yet.

Thanks
IMG-20200208-WA0002.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Turn the petcock off, remove the hose leading to the carb. Still leaking then you need to start with a petcock rebuild. Once that is resolved, put it back together and turn the gas on. If it leaks from bottom of carb, some cleaning is required And carb will need to be removed. If leaking from the seam where bottom of carb meets top it is the gasket there. Common problem if it sits for a while, everything dries up and shrinks/cracks. I deal with that on my dirt bikes occasionally.

That part is unknown to me at this time, don’t chuck it just yet though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I found the leak. I have a huge crack on the engine case, chain side. Piston also sounds like it's gone.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get a new top end rebuild. Brands and what should be included in the kit.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts