Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have a stock raptor 350 and I want it to go around 65-70 it has stock gearing and does 63 already what gearing would i have to use

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you put on a 14T front sprocket you should see an increase in Top Speed. What type of riding are you doing?
With my 14T on mine was doing around 62 so 63 for stock is already pretty good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ride roads tbh a little mx track also would if I did put a 14 in would I make it hard On the engine and clutch when I go in 1st gear

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't entirely speak to that but you will have a longer first gear and will need more road to reach full speed. I currently have a 14 on mine but I'm going down to a 12 just to see how snappy it is. My first gear will be all but useless but I can always just launch in 2nd.. Save the current sprocket in case you don't like the way the 14 feels. I enjoy the 14 but i have no real need to reach top speeds, I think it would be more fun to do the occasional wheelie. lol What year is yours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes Top speed should increase 3-5 mph. You should not need a new chain if you adjust the rear axle. Changing 1 tooth on the front sprocket is like 3 on the rear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok thanks how fast does your raptor 350 do
It would go 62 but I just changed the front sprocket from a 14T to a 12T and have yet to do a speed test. Will update when I find out just how much speed I have lost due to the 12T. Of note though 1st gear is literally non-existent. Unless I'm going up a hill or extremely slow, lowest usable gear is 2nd for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts