Raptor Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Sharpraptor I am a Machanic by trade I feel so bad asking this. I got a 2006 SE Raptor 350 from my Nephew.
He destroyed it pretty bad it needs a new case on the sprocket side. My question is I did not think of Timing be an issue in a single Cylinder system. I have the two cases apart waiting for the case to come in. Is it going to be ruff timing this when I reassemble to Motor. I know where the (T) mark is on the flywheel and the cam sprocket. I just wanted to make sure if I had to do any thing special be for I put it all to gether Gaskets and all.

Thanks
Matthew Miller

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I'm new to biking and own a 200 blaster for about a month now. I'm looking to buy a 350 raptor within the next day or two. Was hoping to get some general advise and feeling on these bikes and you've just made up my mind. Thanks again

·
Registered
17 Posts
350 Engine Noises Trick!

'Ticking' comes from the TOP and is valve-train related.

'Knocking' comes from the BOTTOM and is pistion, connecting rod or crank related.

I can't tell where mine is coming from. I had the valves adjusted and they told me it was either loose timing chain or camshaft... I want to rebuild it and fix noise. What's a good set up to go with? I would like the rebuild to give it more power. What mods are done ; big gun slip on exhaust with jet kit, twist grip, 2 tooth up on front sprocket, nerf bars, handle bars, brush guards, 4 tires, front bumper, a arms, controls arms, bushings, front and rear bearings. I'm sure I'm missing something. As far as the rebuild? What would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love the write up, has already helped a ton!

On a personal note, I recently picked up an 06 350 and have been looking everywhere for information on how to replace the sprockets and chain, yet have found little to nothing specific for these bikes, know anyone on here with a decent write up of how to do it?

Much apprecitaed

41 - 44 of 44 Posts