Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im a new to these forms... so Hellooooo to all! Anyways.. I have a 05' Raptor 350... what do you guys think of the HMF slip on? I know its going to be louder then stock, but does anyone know how much louder? I like the look of the HMF, but if anyone has any other recomendations that would be great. Also, with a slip on pipe, do I have to re-jet, or just adjust the carb?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Im not sure how much louder it is..but HMF is one of the best slip-on's u can get...and no you dont have to re-jet whit just a HMF slip-on...you can just move the E-CLIP..but i dont remember if u move it up or down lol... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
theres a needle in the crab..drop the clip on it down one Position.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my wifes '04 350 I went with a 152.5 main, 27.5 pilot, mixture screw at 4 turns out and the clip lowered the 1 position. Runs great, I'm in cent Cal. and elevation here is low, withen 100-150 ft of sea level. Power increase was noticeable...

It has the HMF with quietcore insert, the quietcore took the sound down to a very nice level, without it was too loud for our tastes...also has a K&N Pro Flow intake and a modified airbox lid...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does the silencer rob you of any power?

·
Registered
554 Posts
HMF claims only a 5% loss in power gain with the quiet core.

·
Registered
103 Posts
robpaige said:
On my wifes '04 350 I went with a 152.5 main, 27.5 pilot, mixture screw at 4 turns out and the clip lowered the 1 position. Runs great, I'm in cent Cal. and elevation here is low, withen 100-150 ft of sea level. Power increase was noticeable...

It has the HMF with quietcore insert, the quietcore took the sound down to a very nice level, without it was too loud for our tastes...also has a K&N Pro Flow intake and a modified airbox lid...
Hi, What brand of jets did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just went to my local shop and bought Mikuni jets, were about $3 each...cheap way to go, was told if they didn't work out I could exchange them...thats probably individual store policy so buyer beware, but still, $3 is nothing in the long run

·
Registered
84 Posts
you will love the hmf. it adds a noticable amount of power. and it is really load witch is a good thing and a bad thing. if you get a new filter you will have to re-jet. good luck

·
Registered
192 Posts
I ran without the silencer for about two weeks then went and bought the silencer because the thing was super loud. I noticed no loss of power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was looking at the DG X2 is that a real loud pipe or tolerable for urban life?What about power is it similar to a HMF?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts