Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 350 with a pro circuit t4 exhaust and a k&n air filter. I know I need to rejet but don’t know what size. I am about 500 ft on elevation and about 2 and 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. I also installed a brand new carb and the jets do not have any numbers on them please help.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
By "new carb" do you mean a Chinese clone? They have inconsistent machining and are hard to tune. What's wrong with the old carb? What jets are in it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk if it’s Chinese I got it off of eBay for 30$. But I just bought a new carb because the old one was missing a few screws causing a leak and the orings were too worn so I just ordered a new one. But the new carb come with a main jet that says MJ 1.40, does this mean the jet size is 140?

·
11,178 Posts
I would take all the jets out of the original carb and put them in the new carb. Except, go 2 sizes bigger on the main jet. I would get a assortment of jets to try. Actually, maybe the other way around. Parts from the new carb in the original, with bigger main.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will try that. The main jet that was on it is a 128 but that just doesn’t seem right because I’ve read I need at least a 148 or 150 with the aftermarket pipe and air filter. Can you confirm this?

·
11,178 Posts
I can't confirm the jet size, only that it needs to be bigger.

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 6 of 6 Posts