Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to the forum and new to moding quads. My brother and i just recently bought quads. So were new to this kinda stuff. He got a 2007Raptor350 and i got a 2007honda400ex. My question is for his quad would be the exhaust. Im thinking a full system a TRC tri-oval aluminum RS7 comp series by Yoshimura. I would like to know if this is a good one to go with or any suggestions on other full/slip on pipes. The next thing is air filters. Whats good air filter for both quads. Ive heard uni is a good one? Other than that i would like some advice on other mods that would be good to start with. If you guys could direct me to any good web sites I it. ttly Heres the link to the pipe http://store.yoshimura-rd.com/store...<VGE&ProductSKU=EStore-41541&catid=Estore-893

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think most will agree that a full system doesnt make any more hp over a slip on. The header pipe on the 350's is very good and changeing them out doesnt show much gain if any. So i would advise save your money on and get a slip on, unless you do it just for looks. Pro Design with K&N if a very popular kit for intake on many bikes. You will need to rejet your carb after these mods.
And the cheapest mod of all with great improvments is changeing the front sprocket. Up or down one tooth to get more low or top end. Costs 10-20 bucks and easy to change. Do some searchs on here. There a bunch of info already here to get you started. Then ask specific questions when you have got the basics down. Were all here to help. Thanks JIM

·
Registered
751 Posts
Honestly, studies say that replacing the head pipe wont make a noticable amount of power. your better off just keeping the head pipe and buying a slip on.. I put the hmf sport series on the wifes and it made more of a difference than i thought.. Save the extra cash and buy some wheels.

·
Registered
305 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
Honestly, studies say that replacing the head pipe wont make a noticable amount of power. your better off just keeping the head pipe and buying a slip on.. I put the hmf sport series on the wifes and it made more of a difference than i thought.. Save the extra cash and buy some wheels.
I too use a HMF slip on. And thats on a fully built motor. Even after all the money I put into the engine it still wasnt work it for me to put a full exhaust on the bike. The HMF slip on did the job nicly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.