Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reassembled the head on my 350 but there is no oil coming to the top of the head where the valves are please help

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,825 Posts
1, is the oil tube to the head plugged?
2, did you bleed the oil line to the head?
3, is the oil level correct?
4, is the oil filter plugged or backwards?
5, is there oil to the rest of the motor?
6, is the oil pump working?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is oil going to the timing chain and can gear but not to the cam itself or the valves. It was working fine before I put the head back on but idk how to check if the oil tube is plugged, where is it?

·
10,825 Posts
There is a metal oil tube, on the motor that goes up to the head. Loosen the top fitting, at the head, slightly with the motor running. You should get oil and maybe some air. If there is oil then it should be going to the valves now. No oil, loosen the bottom fitting and there should be oil. If you loosen the bottom fitting and have oil then check again at the top fitting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can I send pictures to you? I see the bolt/screw on top of the head by the intake valve but I do not see the metal oil tube going up to it. Also this screw on top of the head is really in there I feel like I’m going to strip it you think if I heat it up I could get it out?

·
10,825 Posts
First, take the pictures.
Then come back to the forum and at the bottom of your post, look for a paper clip, chain links, smiley face and a square with a sun (dot) and mountain (hump). Click on the square once, click to download image. After it's done, click again for another picture, and so on.

·
10,825 Posts
FYI, I don't have a 350 but I googled some pictures and saw the oil line. So, I assume there is one on yours. But, if you took the head off and are putting it back on, yours may not have one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Is that the screw you are talking about? Also the valves look like they are getting oil because I poured oil on them but before this everything was very black and dry.

·
10,825 Posts
I don't think that's it. As said, I don't have a 350, just going by the picture I saw. Check with your manual and see if it says to bleed a oil passage.

No manual? PM Morphrider a email address for a digital copy..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I don’t have a oil line anywhere. I don’t have a manual. I’m just how it hasn’t blown up yet I’ve been riding it for 3 days without even knowing it wasn’t getting oil to the top end, it also had a loud tapping noise that kept getting louder and louder, guessing it has to do with no lubrication with the rockers. But I just want to be able to ride this thing again it runs and drives perfect but I’m paranoid to ride it because now I know there’s no oil to the top.

·
10,825 Posts
I wouldn't ride it until you get it figured out. Get a manual.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found an owners manual online but it doesn’t really give me any info on this problem at all

·
10,825 Posts
Owners manual is different from a shop manual. Get one from Morphrider.

You may have to pull the cam and rocker shafts to be sure oil holes are clear and line up.

I don't know how else to help you.

·
10,825 Posts
I don't know, just a suggestion. As said before, I don't have a 350, and never worked on one. I'm just offering some generic help..

·
10,825 Posts
You might also check the oil pump drive. The crank and timing chain may be splash lubed, but no oil pressure.

·
Registered
445 Posts
There is no external oil feed line for the 350. Instead, the oil flows through the dowel pin on the rear right hand side of the cylinder. That is, the opposite side of the timing chain and toward the rear of the bike. There is an O ring that goes around the pin to seal it from the case to the cylinder.
Then the oil flows up into the head from that same channel. There is another O ring around the dowel on the rear right hand side that goes from the cylinder to the head. If you dont install the o rings then you won’t be able to build proper oil pressure.

Do remember putting those o rings back on in the right place when you reassembled?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I remember putting one of the orings on the dowel but I didn’t know there was 2. Also I have a gasket kit but it’s low quality and there was only one oring that came with it for the dowels.

·
10,825 Posts
There is no external oil feed line for the 350. Instead, the oil flows through the dowel pin on the rear right hand side of the cylinder. That is, the opposite side of the timing chain and toward the rear of the bike. There is an O ring that goes around the pin to seal it from the case to the cylinder.
Then the oil flows up into the head from that same channel. There is another O ring around the dowel on the rear right hand side that goes from the cylinder to the head. If you dont install the o rings then you won’t be able to build proper oil pressure.

Do remember putting those o rings back on in the right place when you reassembled?
Thanks 38, it's great to have someone with knowledge of the motor.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts