Raptor Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
There’s only one O ring for the head so you’re alright. As Dez said, PM morphrider for a digital manual and then you can verify you completed all the steps necessary to replace the head. He will give you one for free.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I’d just start with reading all the steps in the manual to assure you did everything correctly, then afterward if you’ve checked everything off you can dig into maybe an oily passage clogged or oil level too low.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wouldn’t it have siezed up already because I’ve been riding it for 3 days without oil in the head idk how it hasn’t. Maybe some oil is getting to it but not a lot.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That’s possible. It’s not going to seize though since the crank is oiled. You would probably snap the timing chain and the bend some valves if anything.
You should try not to overthink it right now though. Just start by reviewing the manual. Let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Sent you a PM, I have missed this thread altogether. Looks like you are on the right track after looking through what I will send over once you provide an email address.

·
Super Moderator
8,021 Posts
Check your email, look into the junk folder as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the manual this will help me a lot but it doesn’t really explain why no oil is getting to the top of the head. But thanks anyway I needed it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I took the banjo bolt out on the back right side of the head and tried turning it over but no oil squirts out. Could it get clogged somewhere in there?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
Yes, try running a long pipe cleaner or a thin zip tie thru the passage.

Again, are you sure the oil pump is working? It may use a plastic gear that is damaged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can see the plastic gear moving when I crank it but I’m not sure. If I take the clutch case off what would I be looking for if it wasn’t working?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I can see the plastic gear moving when I crank it but I’m not sure. If I take the clutch case off what would I be looking for if it wasn’t working?

·
11,054 Posts
I would think if the oil pump shaft is turning, it is pumping oil. You might remove it and blow the passages with a spray cleaner. Take the pump apart and see if it's plugged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ok I pulled the oil filter out and cranked the motor over to see if oil was getting through the filter, it is not. Does the quad have to be running to see if the oil is getting to the filter?

·
11,054 Posts
Yes. But you might get some oil flow if the motor is turning over but not starting, (spark plug out).

·
11,054 Posts
I've taken the oil pump apart, cleaned and then packed it with petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to help prime it.

Maybe you could take out the banjo bolt and funnel some oil thru it.

I think it's time to concentrate on the oil pump. Spin the shaft, feel for resistance, should have some but no roughness. Take apart and inspect the tolerances per the manual.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts