Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 350 raptor will not start. Working great one minute, next not running at all. I replaced the sparkplug and this did not help, motor does not smoke in the least bit. Does anyone have an idea of cause without me having to fork out money on servicing?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well an engine needs air/fuel/spark to run. So you just have to slowly eliminate everything. Air should not be a problem so the easiest thing to start with is spark. Pull your spark plug wire and put a nail or something in the end of it and hold it about 2 mm away from the frame or engine. Hit the starter and see if you get a good spark jump. Next pull the fuel line going to your carb and make sure it has fuel going to it. Try a little starter fluid in the air cleaner and see if you can at least get the engine to hiccup or backfire. Try some of these things then come back and give us more details.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On your fuel on off switch what position is it on? if its on ON then switch too reserve. if it doesnt start add fuel to gas tank. then check everything else. my rappy would run for a while then quit i would look in the gas tank and there would be fuel in there but it had to be in reserve too suck that last little bit of gas out. when it quit was it back firing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, It just turned out to be the fuel line, mainly. Filled my tank and added deicer, left it for a couple hours. Just needed to wiggle the gas line a bit (not sure if doing so really affected the process) with the choke completely on, she turned over. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts