Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched many of time and my problem is my 05 raptor 350 i just bought does not have any spark. ive changed out the coil with a brand new one and still nothing. it will crank all day long but now spark... the fuse is good so im thnking its either the stator, stator pulsar, or the cdi. i know there is no way to check the cdi so i must elminate everything else first.
ive tried unpluging my rectifier and starting/ still no spark...
i tried getting ohms off of my stator plug(white/red wire to white/green wire and im not forsure if i have my voltmemter on right setting but it show 1.8 and it steadly drops. all the other wires show nothing....
my orange wire going into my coil also show nothing... no volts at all, but its showing contunity between the ground on it and the orange wire....
please help i do not want to take this to a mechanic! thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
Follow the instructions in the service manual to test the stator - if it fails, you'll know... if it passes, it could still be bad - BUT, CDI's seldomly fail.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Coil is measured in AC volts.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Coil is measured in AC volts.
The wire that triggers the coil must be measured with an oscilloscope and is AC voltage, a normal voltmeter will only measure a small percentage of the voltage.............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fOr the info on the coil. I wanted the bike running by this weekend so I wet ahead and ordered a new aftermarket cdi, and a stator . Looks like the stator won't make it here after all by this weekend! So I'll at least try the cdi and see if it fixes my problem...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks fOr the info on the coil. I wanted the bike running by this weekend so I wet ahead and ordered a new aftermarket cdi, and a stator . Looks like the stator won't make it here after all by this weekend! So I'll at least try the cdi and see if it fixes my problem...
Good Luck with the CDI, but stators cause more problems then the cdis do...........:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did the cdi work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts