Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first quad...a 350 from a guy here locally that didn't have much info on it. He said its a 2003 model, but I can't find much on any from that year. Were they made in 2003 or is 2004 the first year they rolled them out?

If anyone has any info on them like a parts list or manual (if it is indeed a 2003)...I'd greatly appreciate the info.

I'm going to do some basic preventative maintenance and need advice on what all to check or do to ensure it is in top shape. I plan on doing the following:

Change oil and oil filter (part #??)
Change plug
Check chain tension (how much play should it have...about 3-5mm??)
Check brakes
Clean and re-oil air filter (assuming it is the stock foam filter)
Check tire condition and pressure
Check all nuts/bolts/etc within reach

I know there is probably more...but I need some advice as to what.

Thanks for all info anyone can provide! This is a great site with some great members from what I have read so far. :beer:

·
Registered
155 Posts
welcome to the cluuub! I think 2004 is the first year, maybe they were already selling them in 2003!

where's willykiller when we need him??
Send him a PM, i bet he can help you

Have fun : )

:)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just picked up my first quad...a 350 from a guy here locally that didn't have much info on it. He said its a 2003 model, but I can't find much on any from that year. Were they made in 2003 or is 2004 the first year they rolled them out?

If anyone has any info on them like a parts list or manual (if it is indeed a 2003)...I'd greatly appreciate the info.

I'm going to do some basic preventative maintenance and need advice on what all to check or do to ensure it is in top shape. I plan on doing the following:

Change oil and oil filter (part #??)
Change plug
Check chain tension (how much play should it have...about 3-5mm??)
Check brakes
Clean and re-oil air filter (assuming it is the stock foam filter)
Check tire condition and pressure
Check all nuts/bolts/etc within reach

I know there is probably more...but I need some advice as to what.

Thanks for all info anyone can provide! This is a great site with some great members from what I have read so far. :beer:
The raptor 350 is the same bike as the warrior, they changed the fenders some and also some engine modifications.
Your list sounds pretty complete, let us know if you have any questions on a particular problem............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts