Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought a 05 raptor 350, once it starts after about 7 seconds it stalls, know matter what you do (press gas, choke, clutch in, running) it will stall another problem is once you get it started once it dies it wont start again for another 8 minutes.

When he bought it i test drove it on the road it worked perfect, went to the bank, came back 2 hours later and picked it up got home ran it on the trails for 3 minutes then the problems started.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Hmm, maybe there is a plugged gas hose somewhere. It is def. a fuel issue though. Remove the filter, and spray starting fluid in the carb while trying to start it. If it runs while you are spraying, and stop spraying and it dies, it is FOR SURE a fuel delivery problem.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Describe 'doesn't start' in more detail - what exactly are you doing and what happens? Does the starter crank the engine over, but it won't light up and run, or what?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that guys he went on my account, he couldnt wait for it to be fixed hes not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes with engines, The carb needed to be cleaned, Air filter had some holes in it and the fuel line was off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long did the bike sit before it was sold. Did you drain the fuel an if so did it looked varnished? The fuel today sucks. I drain my carb after every ride. I just got my raptor and drained the fuel and used seafoam and it helped alot. Just my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts