Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a raptor 350 and the shift lever for a reverse does not want to move back while I pull clutch in don’t know if shifting lever is stuck or if I’m doing something wrong please help

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Do you mean that the shift knob on the right fender will not turn?
Have you tried moving the lever that comes out of the engine case by hand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean that the shift knob on the right fender will not turn?
Have you tried moving the lever that comes out of the engine case by hand?
Yes I did just making sure iam doing it right do I have to be in neutral pull in the clutch and move the lever and yes on the right side

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Yes I did just making sure iam doing it right do I have to be in neutral pull in the clutch and move the lever and yes on the right side
Ok, but I am asking if the lever coming out of the engine itself will move by hand.
The cable may not be pulling it when the knob on the fender is turned.
The knob mount is also commonly broken, so the whole housing turns, and the cable is not moved.
If that is the case, you need a $10 repair mount for the knob.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
So, did you check it yet?
Is the shaft from the case stuck/arm on shaft won't move? It's unlikely.
Or, is the reverse knob housing broken?
Or, is the cable damaged?
My money is on B.
Let us know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, but I am asking if the lever coming out of the engine itself will move by hand.
The knob mount is also commonly broken, so the whole housing turns, and the cable is not moved.
Yes I tried doing it by hand can’t hit it to move any we’re don’t know what to do next

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My money is on B.
Let us know.
Yes the I tried doing it by hand nothing is working

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My money is on B.
Let us know.
What did you do??
More details are needed.
I bought the quad it shifted perfectly and when I try to go into revers the lever wil not move and I tried doing it by hand just like sum people said it still didn’t work

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

I bought the quad it shifted perfectly and when I try to go into revers the lever wil not move and I tried doing it by hand just like sum people said it still didn’t work
Please clarify
The shaft from the engine case that the cable attaches to will not move in either direction??

·
VIP
1,033 Posts
The Raptor 350 is basically an old Warrior, so it does not have the plastic reverse knob on the fender and the cable to move the lever on the case like the 660 and 700. There is a T handle located on the right side just below the tank and a rod that activates the lever on the case.

I recently purchased a raptor 350 and the shift lever for a reverse does not want to move back while I pull clutch in don’t know if shifting lever is stuck or if I’m doing something wrong please help
The proper reverse procedure is to be in neutral with the clutch in and then lift up on the T handle and move it rearward until you feel it drop down into the detent which will activate reverse.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The Raptor 350 is basically an old Warrior, so it does not have the plastic reverse knob on the fender and the cable to move the lever on the case like the 660 and 700. There is a T handle located on the right side just below the tank and a rod that activates the lever on the case.

The proper reverse procedure is to be in neutral with the clutch in and then lift up on the T handle and move it rearward until you feel it drop down into the detent which will activate reverse.
Yeah, I know they're a Warrior in a new frame, but forgot they used the same reverse.
It's been several years since I've seen one in person.
And yes, that T handle must be pulled up on to unlock and move.
The op is not giving enough details to know if it's a mechanical problem, or operator error...

·
Registered
6 Posts
R u pulling up on the reverse lever before you go back. U don’t have to be in neutral also.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Raptor 350
7 Posts
On mine it goes into reverse fine and then it doesn’t want to go back into neutral so I found that pushing the reverse lever as far forward as I can and then clicking it down into first gear and then it should be easy to put into neutral from reverse.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Raptor 350
7 Posts
On mine it goes into reverse fine and then it doesn’t want to go back into neutral so I found that pushing the reverse lever as far forward as I can and then clicking it down into first gear and then it should be easy to put into neutral from reverse.
Or by playing with the clutch back and forth a bit sometimes does help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts