Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this. I bought myself 07 limited edition raptor 350 and the engine got a full rebuild as I am being told have been out on it about 5 or 6 times and the last time before today when was riding it I got this load noise from the top of the engine the noise sounded like the guard on the exhaust was lose but was OK just sounded like that kind of a rattle but checked for oil etc was all OK. So today I brought it out for a spin and was like I was losing a bit of power going up hill and when I did reach the top of the hill I got this clog sound and it was like was stuck in gear even when pull clutch still couldn't move the quad so had to take chain off to free wheel it. Also I noticed bike was back firing. Would appreciate if anyone as any information for me or is it going to be some bad news thanks in advance 馃憤

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. I would look into how long ago that rebuild was, to me it sounds like something went south and you will need to tear into the motor again. Is there any paperwork from previous owner showing what was done?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Rebuild with over 2 months got no papper work but was showing old parts off the engine and engine did look like it was apart new nuts bolts etc. And when I did go to start there was just a big click sound

Registered
Hi new to this. I bought myself 07 limited edition raptor 350 and the engine got a full rebuild as I am being told have been out on it about 5 or 6 times and the last time before today when was riding it I got this load noise from the top of the engine the noise sounded like the guard on the exhaust was lose but was OK just sounded like that kind of a rattle but checked for oil etc was all OK. So today I brought it out for a spin and was like I was losing a bit of power going up hill and when I did reach the top of the hill I got this clog sound and it was like was stuck in gear even when pull clutch still couldn't move the quad so had to take chain off to free wheel it. Also I noticed bike was back firing. Would appreciate if anyone as any information for me or is it going to be some bad news thanks in advance 馃憤
Timing Chain possibly??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts