Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been doing this since I purchased the bike. I have no clue where to go from here just got done with a BBK has this problem before any advice would be appreciated

·
Master of the Electron
14,828 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Unplug the connector from the switch at the front brake lever (two wires, yellow and black one side, black and black the other) - does the problem stop? If so, the stop light wiring has either been mis-wired or there is a short somewhere along the wiring harness.

Can you describe the symptoms in a little more detail? What is the bog like - will the engine stall if the brake lever is pulled at idle in neutral, etc., etc.

What is a BBK?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,190 Posts
Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I was thinking big bore kit...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum!

Unplug the connector from the switch at the front brake lever (two wires, yellow and black one side, black and black the other) - does the problem stop? If so, the stop light wiring has either been mis-wired or there is a short somewhere along the wiring harness.

Can you describe the symptoms in a little more detail? What is the bog like - will the engine stall if the brake lever is pulled at idle in neutral, etc., etc.

What is a BBK?
I’ll have to try that when I get home from work, no the engine won’t stall if brake is held in. It feels almost as if it would be mis-firing, there’s a lot of backfiring happening when the brake is held in but as soon as you let it go it return to normal and sounds just fine. I’ll get back with you about unplugging that connector.

·
Master of the Electron
14,828 Posts
Does the brake light come on when the lever is pulled? I suspect some mis-wiring or a shorted pair of wires...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts