Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just recently just picked up the first raptor ive ever had.
i was just wondering on how a raptor 660 bored to 709cc and its a 2001 but also has a 2003 tranny in it, it is completely tricked out and has a lot of money invested into the engine it sounds really clean out the exhaust from i hear around 3rd gear a noise that im not use of hearing its not clunking or knocking its like a soft little rattle hard to explain its not like its slipping its just a noise ive never really heard but ive only owned a rm250 - 300ex - 400 ex.. and couple of other dirtbikes.. but its a very nice quad i just want to fix it if its a problem before its tears something up anyone ever have a perfect raptor with a weird noise..?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
It can't, it would require a 103.67mm piston.

You can't get there with any combination of off-the-shelf piston and or crankshaft either.

I think I need more details on the weird noise, having a hard time figuring out what you're hearing. But if it's a rattle and only at a specific rpm range in a certain gear then I'd check for loose bolts/straps/nuts/etc first.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
most of the time I get a rattle from the little tin tab between the carbs. its usually just at a certain RPM.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
super nice bike by the way.....but this thread should be in the 660 section ;)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
hey i just recently just picked up the first raptor ive ever had.
i was just wondering on how a raptor 660 bored to 709cc and its a 2001 but also has a 2003 tranny in it, it is completely tricked out and has a lot of money invested into the engine it sounds really clean out the exhaust from i hear around 3rd gear a noise that im not use of hearing its not clunking or knocking its like a soft little rattle hard to explain its not like its slipping its just a noise ive never really heard but ive only owned a rm250 - 300ex - 400 ex.. and couple of other dirtbikes.. but its a very nice quad i just want to fix it if its a problem before its tears something up anyone ever have a perfect raptor with a weird noise..?
As said previously check all hardware, loose skidplates, nerf bars, etc............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts