Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of building a street quad. I always build stuff that's different and would like to get some people opinion. The frame will be an 01 660 with a 2011 r1 motor that only has 1300 miles on it and then I will also be widening the front end along with doing a single sided swingarm with a 240 rear tire. Here is a couple of quick mock up pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
quad has 4 tires, not 3.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will your DMV allow you to title the 660 frame? I've looked up trying to get a street legal ATV, and found that in many states, people had to use a titled motorcycle frame and add wheels to it. Something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dig It

So I'm thinking of building a street quad. I always build stuff that's different and would like to get some people opinion. The frame will be an 01 660 with a 2011 r1 motor that only has 1300 miles on it and then I will also be widening the front end along with doing a single sided swingarm with a 240 rear tire. Here is a couple of quick mock up pictures.
Pretty crazy idea man. I dig it. I have a 2010 R1 and I love it. The cross plane crank will be perfect for the torque curve you're likely looking for. Im interested to see the progress on this build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts