Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on '02 raptor 660 all stock and it has a faint ticking noise while it idles. A couple of my friends say that they all do that a little bit. Is this true?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have on '02 raptor 660 all stock and it has a faint ticking noise while it idles. A couple of my friends say that they all do that a little bit. Is this true?
Check the valve lash, should be around .0035 and .0055 inch...........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gotcha well looks like its getting a valve job then, anything else i should check while i have it torn down?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
gotcha well looks like its getting a valve job then, anything else i should check while i have it torn down?
You dont have to tear anything down, just adjust the valve lash............

·
Registered
435 Posts
download the service manual it will walk you through it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How difficult is it to check and adjust the valves? I mean i have worked on V8s just never a small engine before. Cant be that bad right? lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
No different at all - just pull the valve inspection covers, set at TDC compression stroke and adjust em.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No different at all - just pull the valve inspection covers, set at TDC compression stroke and adjust em.
OK sounds like a piece of cake HA!

Once i have the valves set right and everything checked over are these 660s ever 100 percent quite running?

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
No, there's almost always a bit of valve noise.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Use the appropriate feeler guage and adjust the ajuster until you feel light drag one the guage...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts