Raptor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Okay well I’m changing head gasket. I have the OEM gasket but people are telling me not to use OEM and to use after market so I order a COMETICS gasket kit. Or should I just use the OEM
Use the oem, 100% i bet whoever told you to go aftermarket is not very into raptors. Do a forum search, you will find plenty of info on this subject. Raptors really only like factory head gaskets, or sce big bore coppers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay guys, I just replaced the head gasket and while I was there I put a 11.1 compression piston and a stage 1 hot cam and also put a cometics head gasket kit also sent the head to get pressure tested and cleaned out everything back together and it just won’t start. I have put new spark plug everything. It turns over but won’t start. I press the button and it keeps going and trying to start but it’s seems like it’s not getting enough of something to start. Idk if intake valves could be to tight or what it can be . But I have looked over it and kept trying and won’t start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Check the basics, compression, spark, and fuel. That should point you in the right direction.
I have compression and spark and fuel. I can try checking fuel again but what’s a best way to check that? I tried spraying brake cleaner in to jump it but don’t think it’s getting in is there ways I should try just to see if it can run for a little?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Spray a little down the spark plug hole. Are you smelling fuel or is your plug wet? If this backfires runs for a second, check your valves for proper adjustment and double check proper cam timing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Spray a little down the spark plug hole. Are you smelling fuel or is your plug wet? If this backfires runs for a second, check your valves for proper adjustment and double check proper cam timing.
Thank you will do I pulled the plug out 2 times and was still white and did not ave gas. And no didn’t smell like gas. But gas does flow from petcock because I made sure at the end of night. So everything is working I think it’s the valves or the timing but need to do a lil more research

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,592 Posts
Check that your timing marks line up.

Check your valve adjustment, especially the intake.

Crank the motor over with the spark plug out to clear the cylinder.

Spray starter fluid, (AKA either). thru the air cleaner while cranking instead of brake clean.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts