Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got just got my quad back together
And started it up. I installed monster duals and 39mm fcrs along with my already stage 2 cam, I was told I might have jet size 180 installed.. I noticed it felt like my bike was runnin really hot kinda like if I wasn't getting any coolant to my motor. Never had this problem before. My radiator felt really hot to the touch after only 3 min of idle, my hoses felt really hot as well as it smoking a little around one of the coolant hoses, figured maybe my fan would of came on but then again I've really never seen or here my fan come on i was told maybe it could be jetting issue any help is good help thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Updated my question so the title is off. I just got just got my quad back together
And started it up. I installed monster duals and 39mm fcrs along with my already stage 2 cam, I was told I might have jet size 180 installed.. I noticed it felt like my bike was runnin really hot kinda like if I wasn't getting any coolant to my motor. Never had this problem before. My radiator felt really hot to the touch after only 3 min of idle, my hoses felt really hot as well as it smoking a little around one of the coolant hoses, figured maybe my fan would of came on but then again I've really never seen or here my fan come on i was told maybe it could be jetting issue any help is good help thanks
Make sure you have sufficient coolant by toping up the rad several times after intial startup..............

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just get a temp gauge on your upper and lower radiator hoses to where u can montior them

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
is the smoke coming out of the rad filler when the engine is running.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How long should I let it run for? Will the coolant shoot out?
At idle it will just start overflowing from the top eventually (makes tons of smoke). If you hold the revs up a little bit it will start shooting out a little bit. I usually run mine for about 10 minutes.

I also like to keep an eye out on the temp warning light and check if the fans turn on.

If it shoots out, you got a problem. Let it run several minutes and the coolant level should stabilize.
It's fun bleeding a cars cooling system at 3000RPM. That really shoots out..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At idle it will just start overflowing from the top eventually (makes tons of smoke). If you hold the revs up a little bit it will start shooting out a little bit. I usually run mine for about 10 minutes.

I also like to keep an eye out on the temp warning light and check if the fans turn on.

It's fun bleeding a cars cooling system at 3000RPM. That really shoots out..

Okay I'll try that guys and get back to yall

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let me know what you figure out. But when mine was doing this i would take off the rad cap and it would stop smoking instantly and like yours everything was hot to the touch but i think mine was a head gasket problem im rebuilding it right now. But also my temp light would come on and my fan wouldent, I shut the bike off instantly and turn it right back on and the light would be off. As far as the fan i know it works cause iv put power stright to it but idk how to test the sending unit. Good luck hope its something simpel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts