Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 660 Goes into Reverse Without Using Switch

16K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ReeseReynolds27 
#1 ·
Hi guys. First off, I want to say that this is a great forum. I just bought an '05 Raptor a couple of weeks ago. It runs great, but it goes into reverse from 1st when downshifting without using the switch. It's not a huge problem for me, but when other people ride it, I'm scared they're gonna tear up my transmission. I can't figure out how to hook up the reverse cable. It was like this when I bought it. I've searched through the forums, and I heard something about a spring, but I don't know where the spring goes or how to hook it up. I actually bought the Dr. D reverse lever, but I don't know how to install it. I've attached some pictures to show my current setup. Let me know if I need some better pictures. Can someone please help me with this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
the cable will hook up on the back side of the motor/tranny. the is a sticky for you to download the service manual at the top of one the 660 pages

#5 ·
Thanks for letting me know about the links to the service manual. That helps.

You will see a shaft sticking out of the trans just ahead of the two switches located below the sprocket, this must have a lever on it, it is where the reverse cables pulls on and also has a spring wrapped aropund it to pull it back, the cable attaches in the bikes frame straight ahead of this lever in a slot, the shaft must rotate counter clockwise to cause the reverse to be locked out........
Is it the one that has a circlip around it? If so, mine doesn't have a lever on it, and it also doesn't have a spring. Do you know the names of all the parts I need to order to get it working. I couldn't find that particular part on the schematic.

#4 ·
You will see a shaft sticking out of the trans just ahead of the two switches located below the sprocket, this must have a lever on it, it is where the reverse cables pulls on and also has a spring wrapped aropund it to pull it back, the cable attaches in the bikes frame straight ahead of this lever in a slot, the shaft must rotate counter clockwise to cause the reverse to be locked out........

#7 · (Edited)
You are missing #28, #29 and #32... without the spring holding the shaft counter-clockwise, the reverse lockout is not working.

Go to bikebandit.com, to their OEM section for your bike and look at the fiche - all parts will be detailed with price.

#10 ·
No, those are external parts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.