Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen other posts about this problem, I have already checked all the carb settings and they look good, I have seen other posts suggesting to check the reverse wires or parking break wires...ok that is where I get lost.... Which ones are they and what do I do to check them? I have a 2002 Raptor if that helps someone explain it to me... I think it might be the parking break switch now and maybe the reverse switch.... thanks in advance for you help and patience with a novice mechanic. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a new raptor owner, and had the same problem. If the reverse light is coming on while it is having the problem then try this: Right behind the foot shift lever there are two wires one right above the other that appear to connect to the case, be sure the connections are nice and clean and on all the way. My bike had dripped some oil and mucked up that reverse connection which I believe is the top one ( not sure) and once cleaned and re-connected worked like a charm. It could require a new wire altogether, use a test light to check it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup i finally figured out it was my parking brake switch... I zip tied it back and its working fine now... woo hooo.. I can ride now!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
scsaperez said:
yup i finally figured out it was my parking brake switch... I zip tied it back and its working fine now... woo hooo.. I can ride now!!
So you have any pictures on how you zip tied it?

thanks

VS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts