Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day folks. I have recently aqquired a 2003 raptor 660. This bike has a set of inverted rims on the front and i am curious as to the benefits/disadvantage of this set up as i am new to this sport. I have just noticed i have bent tie rod ends and wonder if this was the cause

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Good:
Wider for cheap

Bad:
Bump steer....and yes they caused the bent tie rods.

If the rear is left as stock width you'll see the rear end slide around a lot more too. That can be fun, or scary depending on riding type and experience.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. I have ordered a new set of ss rims to bring it back to standard. Also i was wondering what is the acceptable opperating temp for these bikes. mine is running between 80 and 95 deg celcius

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Inverted rims? Do you mean that they were just flipped around? If so, you could have saved yourself some money on the SS rims and just turned them back the way they were supposed to be, that would have corrected your issue. Then your only out of pocket expense would have been possibly some new tie rods. On the other hand, now you have some good looking wheels coming in! Post up some pics of your ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts