Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Just rebuilt raptor 660 with wiseco 9:1 and rebuilt head with kibblewhite kit. Everything else is stock. I now want a new exhaust and filter. I was looking at ct exhaust and going with the K&N pro design. I'm not sure what to go about rejetting. I ride around 7,000'-8,000' ive seen people go with dynojet stage 2 but have problems with high altitude. I'm new to rejetting so any guide on what to do would be great. THANKS!

·
Registered
04 raptor 660. 686 big bore with open airbox/k&n. Big guns slip on exhaust
134 Posts
I ride at high elevation as well. Live at 5300 but ride around 6k. Not sure about the stage two kit but jetting normally is a pita when it comes to elevation. Is your air box lid off?
I run mine with lid off, k&n filter, big gun exhaust, 686 bore and I found it runs good with 25 pilots, 150/155 mains. I forget the turns on screw. You'll be slightly leaner with your higher elevation. Hope that can get you in the ball park with picking a kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride at high elevation as well. Live at 5300 but ride around 6k. Not sure about the stage two kit but jetting normally is a pita when it comes to elevation. Is your air box lid off?
I run mine with lid off, k&n filter, big gun exhaust, 686 bore and I found it runs good with 25 pilots, 150/155 mains. I forget the turns on screw. You'll be slightly leaner with your higher elevation. Hope that can get you in the ball park with picking a kit.
I still haven't done anything but the stage 2 kit comes with jets up to 150 dyonjet jets. I will run the k&n pro flow with no lid. Will I need bigger jets or are the dynojet 150 big enough.

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Rule of thumb is to go 1 Mikuni main jet size (a step of 5) leaner for each 2500' above sea level...

At sea level with open airbox and full exhaust you would be around Mikuni 160 left, 165 right (DynoJet 146 left 148 right) main jets - and you need to use the DJ or other aftermarket needles!

Starting from there - at 7500' you'd be around Mikuni 150/155 and DJ 140/142 or 142/144

At that elevation you can stick with stock (22.5) pilot jets and your fuel screws at around 2 turns out..

·
Registered
04 raptor 660. 686 big bore with open airbox/k&n. Big guns slip on exhaust
134 Posts
Honestly I think you would be fine. I would start with 25 pilot and 145/150 main. Unfortunately in order to get the needles you gotta buy the kit anyways. Sorry sizes I posted are in mikuni not DJ.
Was just gonna say maybe quad maniac will jump in on this but he posted as I was typing this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum!

Rule of thumb is to go 1 Mikuni main jet size (a step of 5) leaner for each 2500' above sea level...

At sea level with open airbox and full exhaust you would be around Mikuni 160 left, 165 right (DynoJet 146 left 148 right) main jets - and you need to use the DJ or other aftermarket needles!

Starting from there - at 7500' you'd be around Mikuni 150/155 and DJ 140/142 or 142/144

At that elevation you can stick with stock (22.5) pilot jets and your fuel screws at around 2 turns out..
I should be fine with the stage 2 kit that comes with 146 138 140 142 144 146 148 150 jets and needles.. There is a stage 7 kit that comes with 150 threw 185. The end goal will be the K&N with pro flow adapter, no lid and ct full exhaust. I will be getting the filter first and be ordering the exhaust later down the road.

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
Yep, that DJ jet assortment should work for you just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts