Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
3000ft and below with no air box lid. Dynojet stage 2 kit with a DJ146/148 mains, and needles. #25 mikuni pilots with the fuel screws around 2 turns out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i run 170 and 175 different needles no air box and a full exhaust. every bike is different. jetting is not once and done. its a few hours with different sizes alot of on and off the carbs and checking your plug.

·
Master of the Electron
14,452 Posts
The majority of 660 owners with aftermarket exhaust and open airboxes have been happy with Mikuni 160 main jet in the left and 165 in the right carb (equivalent to DJ 146L, 148R) and with DJ needles and 25 pilots, as 03 stated...

Oldskool is correct, your's may be different, but he's running much richer than the average here in the forum - I suspect because his needles may be closer to stock taper than DJ afermarkets. With open airbox the DJ needles make tuning much easier and you don't need to iterate back and forth much at all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just want to thank all you guys for the help . The 146-148 with 25 pilot was the key. Thank you all again.

·
Master of the Electron
14,452 Posts
Great!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What needle position should i be at with these dj 146-148 jets and 25 pilot? Open box and full exhaust...

·
Master of the Electron
14,452 Posts
I'd start at 1 notch rich of center.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2001 Raptor 660 Jetting Recommendations

Hi all, trying to reach out for some help on this one. 2001 Raptor 660. Bone stock other than a pro design bullit intake and filter (pd205). I'm seeing hesitation on 1/2-3/4 throttle. Idle up to 1/2 is fine. Once you advance 1/2 to wot it hesitates then catches up. I think I'm lean. Plug is a bit white. Jet sizes are 140 & 145 (stock) with 20's. I'm at sea level. Any idea what size jets I should try first? Carburetors have been off and are squeaky clean. Everything has been looked over and over again. No splits in boots. No reverse or rev limiting going on either. Thanks in advance.

·
Master of the Electron
14,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Lift the needles a notch and see if it gets better..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts