Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know this topic has been constantly talked about on this site BUT, I have one question that I haven't seen anywhere yet. I have a 2003 660, completely stock except a Big Gun Eco slip on exhaust and an UNI air filter with the lid ON. I know that the DJ stage 2 is recommended for this if you take the air box lid off, however, I ride in an area with a lot of water and many times its unavoidable at the trails I ride. So, my question is, if I took the lid off would it still be ok to ride in water, or could I leave it on and still do the stage 2 kit just with different needles than the normal recommendation of 146 and 148 (if different needles in that kit is even possible)? Another way I have heard is drilling holes in the lid which seems like a good in-between but would that actually make enough of a difference to matter when using a stage 2 kit? I am not looking for a major boost in power it just seems like its a little sluggish right now and I'm just looking for a few options to possibly help while also protecting the filter from water. Also, side note, if I were to buy the stage 2, does a 25 pilot come with the kit, if not what brand/ where would I get one? Thanks.

·
Master of the Electron
15,729 Posts
Lid on: Put right jet (Mikuni 145) in left carb, put a Mikuni150 in right.

Lid off: DJ 146/148 and their needles 1 below center; buy 25 pilots separately from any online motorsports retailer or Yami dealer. Add an Outerwear or equiv to help with water. LOTS more power this way, even with just a bunch of big holes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot I will definitely try that out! saves money that way too. in the long run I may end up taking the lid off but for now I will try this and see how it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, if I end up taking the lid off and getting DJ I'll check it out. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts