Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t have any leaks I think it’s going out the coolant fill tank overflow I don’t think it’s a head gasket leak

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
If the tank is overflowing you have one of only two possibilities:

1) Bad radiator cap - let's hope for this one!
2) Blown head gasket.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
When warmed up, look inside the radiator for turbulence or bubbles when off idle. Turbulence is good, means the water pump is working. Bubbles are bad, most likely a bad head gasket. Check the oil for a grayish color, most likely a water pump seal.

·
11,689 Posts
Rev it to 1/4 - 1/2 throttle and see if the bubbles are bigger. More turbulence is good.

·
11,689 Posts
What color is the oil??

Do you wheelie a lot? It could be coming out the vent hose, is the end wet?? Reroute the vent hose higher and forward.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
AHA! Good call, Dez!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rerouted overflow line put on new cap and didn’t do any wheeling and still lost coolant oil is not gray I guess I have a bad head gasket

·
11,689 Posts
Not necessarily! Check for coolant leaks evidence at the radiator, hoses, tank and motor.
A bad head gasket will pressurize the cooling system with combustion gasses. NOT usually coolant into the cylinder, except when stopped. It will also appear that the overflow is boiling, when it's actually combustion, creating bubbles.
Is there white (or any color) smoke when starting and running?
The BEST way to be sure it's a head gasket,,,, Go to your local emission 'repair' shop, and use their C02 detector in your radiator or overflow tank. It takes a minute, or so, and may be free if you've been there before for service. But slip the shop guy $5 - $10 anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little blue smoke when I pump the throttle a few times that’s all. but I lost all the coolant in the radiator on one ride and I’m 100 percent sure it’s out the overflow

·
11,689 Posts
When warmed up, radiator cap on, does it look like the reservoir is boiling at a steady 1/4 - 1/2 throttle?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This is kinda out of pocket here but is your fan working? I had a similar scenario that turned out to be a problem with the fan circuit. The fan circuit issue caused it to get too hot while putting through tight woods with women and children, which then blew my head gasket and slightly warped the head

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts