Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the group here. My buddy who is a 660 fanatic has 4 of them and has decided to cut loose an 02 but it's a roller just some nice parts and an oldschool Duncan graphics kit which I'm fond of I'll have pics up asap. Now I'm kind of on a budget here and I keep seeing what a 660 engine sells for and I'm like hmmm do I really wanna spend that I could buy awhole wheeler at that point only extra motor he has for me is a 686 that needs to be completley redone top and bottom end so I don't see it as being worth it to grab. My question is is their any direct motor swaps all I keep finding is street bike swaps and I don't wanna go that route. What about the xt600 motor I keep seeing comments here and their about how close it is and the 660 motor was based off it well other then being air cooled and me having to have an oil canister which I already do does the xt motor bolt right in? I know you can use the 660 head on the xt600 so top mounts gotta be same or similar. Is this a common swap because I can get an xt600 motor for half the cost. Also what other swaps are easy. I keep seeing banshee but not Alotta details, what about a 250r swap? Is it not enough motor for the raptors weight? Or what about a yfz450 motor in the raptor frame. I'm not apposed to a road bike engine but not a 1000cc and not a 4 cylinder I don't wanna cut frame and do a crazy amount of modification I wanna do something diffrent I'm liking the xt600 idea but does it basically bolt in is my question if not what other motors do I would deff do a twin or some sort I saw a dt400 swap as well but not much detail about how hard it was. Idk kinda just in a hold pattern between money and which route I wanna go plus all the holidays coming up can't spend a fortune on the machine unfortionatley I also don't wanna build something hacked but i can't see spending 1200 on a stock motor. Lemme know what you guys think thank you all

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anything can be done. Banshee motors never inspressed me. I had one. 450rs fever so much for the woods. 660r is good once nodded a little. For $1500 you can buy a running on on cl. Oldskool parts, it's not that old. You can build cooler parts now days. But a complete one not peice it together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't mean like oldschool I just meant classic lol it's the Duncan flame graphics that I hardly see anymore that most people hate lol and I'm in the roller for nothing but like I said for 1500 I can just buy a diffrent wheeler so idk I guess we'll see what happens hopefully I good deal will pop up

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Unless the cases or transmission is shot then i dont see why you couldnt rebuild the spare motor for under $1,000. That is, if you do the work yourself.

How cheap can you get this other motor your talking about? How disappointed will you be if its not able to keep up with a stock 660?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I didn't mean like oldschool I just meant classic lol it's the Duncan flame graphics that I hardly see anymore that most people hate lol and I'm in the roller for nothing but like I said for 1500 I can just buy a diffrent wheeler so idk I guess we'll see what happens hopefully I good deal will pop up
Chances are for $1500 for a different raptor your still going to have to sink money in to it. Look at how many people buy cheap then turn around and dump it / pass it on to the next guy later on after hacking / cobbling it up.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
If you're concerned with the price of a used 660 engine then you better not price a 450 or any street bike engine.

You can get a running 660 engine on Craigslist for $800. Why wouldn't you do that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts