Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there new to the group I recently bought a raptor 660 2005 model was out on it an she died on me after looking around I noticed that the terminals off the battery had losend off connected back up still no spark but there’s a light blue wire that’s not connected to anything near the battery terminals chase that back it goes into the ignition I have no neutral light coming on now either an getting no spark to my ht lead the first picture is the blight blue wire connected to nothing an the last is it running to back off battery I just put it there to show u any help I’d apricate thankyou
Light Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

Blue Hood Netbook Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last 3 pictures are off the guy as you can see the blue wire is feeding into the wire harness but I just can’t see or find out where Iv unravelled it all

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
Just hang in there, we have a couple 660 guys that pop in occasionally and can give you some good leads. Do you have a service manual by chance? I think there is one in the 660 section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just hang in there, we have a couple 660 guys that pop in occasionally and can give you some good leads. Do you have a service manual by chance? I think there is one in the 660 section.
I don’t buddy Iv spent days on this YouTube videos etc I am baffled by it can’t get it in garage for 3 weeks sad times

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iv given up it’s doing my head in just can’t understand how it worked the other day but doesn’t no Iv got an auto electrician coming Friday see if he can get to the bottom of it

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Iv given up it’s doing my head in just can’t understand how it worked the other day but doesn’t no Iv got an auto electrician coming Friday see if he can get to the bottom of it
See if any of this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So update after auto Electricain came out today
After doing his checks he said it’s one of 2 things an said to replace this first wich was the pick up coil an secoundary the cdi module I just bought both today not point pissing around so fingers crossed I’ll have her on the round as of Tuesday next week thankyou

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the crack position sensor arrived yesterday fitted it put the nee cdi unit on to now it’s not even click to turn over still no Spark lights work bar the back light an the neural stil isn’t working but the temp light comes on when you try to start it

·
Master of the Electron
15,921 Posts
@QuadManiac
Where are you at man?
Been on a long vacation!

Courtney: Light blue goes to the neutral switch, in front of the output sprocket - other end goes to the CDI. You state "I have no neutral light NOW." This implies that you did have it before, at some time. When did it go away and under what circumstances? This in no way will prevent the engine from running... but is suspicious as to cause.

I have a difficult time parseing the rest of your writings due to mis-spellings and lack of any punctuation.

You quoted (and obviously used) my "common 660 problems" treatise out of context... the red wire disconnect is to be attempted only if unplugging the rectifier/regulator returns lost spark. Else it is useless and may actually cause a problem.

Does the starter crank the engine over?
Does the reverse light work when in reverse?
If so to both, do you have continuous spark while cranking? Intermittent spark?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts