Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am very new to the forum world so have no idea how this works, I have on 02 660 and i changed the rear bearing and wanted to know if there was supposed to be a little play in the rear axel after everythign is tightened. I also am blowing a fuse as soon as i turn the key on. I checked all the wires (i think) and nothing seems crimped or touching. The only thing i did do recently was change the battery but I put the same battery that was in there before. Any help?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, make sure that the terminals on on correctly and the if you have the battery braket installed make sure nothing it shorting out on that..ie power or ground wire coming off of it...take off your seat and replace the fuse, dont put your seat back on and look for sparks or smoke....as for the axle...i dont think there should be any play in it at all bc if there is play and you ride like most people do...that play is going to get worse quick..

·
Registered
89 Posts
The ground on the battery make sure thats tight and so is the power wire going to the relay...make sure everything tight on the relay, the ground my be on the stator cover...by your shifter...or on one of the two bolts that hold the starter on the bottom end...

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Set the run/stop switch to STOP, put in new fuse, turn key on. Does fuse still blow?

If so, start unplugging things and see if the fuse still blows (buy a bunch of cheap fuses at the nearest dollar store or Harbor Freight) - 1st the rectifier/regulator, 2nd the left handlerbar switch cluster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts