Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I have been looking at used quads for a while and keep coming back to the Raptor 660. Does anyone have any info on common problems to look for on used 660's? They seem like a great machine but, buying used can be tricky.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
660s are 20 years old, and most have been abused and neglected by kids and general idiots over the years. Ideally, you want to find one with low hours and as many OEM parts as possible. If it has a Niche cylinder/head, stay very far away, or negotiate the price waaaaaay down and rebuild it yourself. People who put a cheap Niche cylinder on such a critical piece of the engine will probably also cheap out everywhere else. You'll then be left with a POS that breaks all the time.

Make sure the front is wider than the rear. A lot of people like to put extended axles or rear wheel spacers on the back, but fail to widen the front. This will make it handle like dogshit and you'll be very unhappy. Also make sure they didn't widen the front by adding wheel spacers, you should only widen the front with longer arms.

2001s had tranny issues. You can either stay away from them or use it as leverage to negotiate down and rebuild yourself.

That's all i can think of for now

·
Master of the Electron
15,926 Posts
There are a lot of survivor 2001s out there (mine included) which have not had transmission issues... stil worth negotating down some but I wouldn't be overly worried about it by now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts