Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi folks I have just purchased a raptor 660r 05 that has been widened but I don't no by how much or the brand off this kit its also got reiger shocks on it so has about 1 1/2 inches of ground clearence, my problem is that the front right hand shock is cracked and I'm looking to replace the whole suspension but I need advice from more experienced ATV owners. If I get the yzf 450 or standard 660r front shocks and 660r, or 700r rear shock would this put me nearer standard ride height as I want to be able to go off road with as much ease as on road ?

Any advice will be helpfull :)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I would skip the standard Raptor 660 shocks. They are not very good from a performance standpoint and they are getting old these days. They would be fine if budget was a concern though you wouldn't have as smooth of a ride.

Both the YFZ450 and 700R front shocks would be a good upgrade, provided you buy the 700R shocks made for the 2007 Special Edition/GYTR models and the 2008 and newer atvs. These are easily distinguishable because they have a piggyback reservoir about the size of a small energy drink can hanging off the top end of them. The standard shocks from the earlier 700R atvs were just like the raptor 660 shocks, a straight single spring shock with no reservoir and few adjustments.

Congratulations on the new atv, and welcome to the site. Be sure to post some pictures of your quad when you get a chance :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts