Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry I mis wrote my last post.

Ok,so I got a 01 raptor 660 for 400 bucks the other day but it was semi taken apart. I'm not sure if I'm missing wires or if he hooked something up wrong. Ok so he had the starter relay taken off so I looked at it and on the ground side he had the relay ground pinned to an engine mount and the Green plug in unplugged and the ground to the battery and on the positive side he has the Relay not hooked to anything but on the starter he has the black battery cord that goes to the battery but also a little green plug that I cant seem to find a home for anywere (which is why I think I'm missing something). I hope I explained enough, it's the first time I ever played with a quad without someone knowing what there doing

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1) is it a stock start relay?
2) there is no 'relay ground' on this quad
3) have you downloaded the service manual? It's free in a sticky in the 660 Maintenance section - Last page is the simple wiring diagram - check your wiring against it. Each wire has a unique insulation and color stripe color - determine what's what from these colors, NOT any color on a connector.

As to your other nearly identical post: I suggest you use (Edit - Delete - Delete Message - Delete This Message) to eliminate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts