Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking for help bought my raptor as non runner no spark and loom was all melted got another loom rigged it bk up still no spark swapped cdi boom spark put plug bk in fired into life now tickes over perfect but back fires when Trying to reving up any help would be much appreciated Been over everything carb all seems good rides ok till I hit a certain point on revs then bk fires and bogs a bit

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Have you read the sticky about most common 660 problems - I suggest you do - specifically about the reverse and parking brake rev limiters.

Make sure the reverse switch wire - green/white, down by the output sprocket - is well connected or just ground it to be sure while testing. And make sure the parking brake switch wire - green/yellow - is unplugged while testing.

If these are both in order, it is most likely a carb issue - we'll walk you through troubleshooting there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

Have you read the sticky about most common 660 problems - I suggest you do - specifically about the reverse and parking brake rev limiters.

Make sure the reverse switch wire - green/white, down by the output sprocket - is well connected or just ground it to be sure while testing. And make sure the parking brake switch wire - green/yellow - is unplugged while testing.

If these are both in order, it is most likely a carb issue - we'll walk you through troubleshooting there.
Thank appreciate the help I’ll give that a try today and get back to you many regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank appreciate the help I’ll give that a try today and get back to you many regards
Tryed other carbs on today no difference tryed green wire to battery still runs same unplugged all plugs at fuel tap still ran exactly same tickes over great but try reving just pops and bogs fuels good

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
What carbs? Are they jetted properly?

Are you using the filter and lid during these tests? Was your original carbs jetted for air box lid or open?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys I have 2001 raptor 660r the engine is used i haven't done anything to it until this winter but i just put a starter in it a relay and it still won't start someone told me to adjust the timing how do I do that without taking bike apart completely thank u

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What carbs? Are they jetted properly?

Are you using the filter and lid during these tests? Was your original carbs jetted for air box lid or open?
Hi bud ye Put bk bk together cleaned my carb out and refitted exactly same I tryed riding it today see what happened put in reverse bike works perfect really fast and revy no pops or bogging put in first goes ok til certain rev then pops and bogs powers great till then up the gear powers there again till I hit certain power done grounding green/ yellow also green/white green/yellow cut at cdi as well as a green on left (plug 3 wire Cdi) the clutch switches were gone up front and unplugged at clutch pulled brake bk at axel still same but goes perfect in reverse as fast as u like

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi bud ye Put bk bk together cleaned my carb out and refitted exactly same I tryed riding it today see what happened put in reverse bike works perfect really fast and revy no pops or bogging put in first goes ok til certain rev then pops and bogs powers great till then up the gear powers there again till I hit certain power done grounding green/ yellow also green/white green/yellow cut at cdi as well as a green on left (plug 3 wire Cdi) the clutch switches were gone up front and unplugged at clutch pulled brake bk at axel still same but goes perfect in reverse as fast as u like
Sure it’s not carb issue defo electrical I’m thinking sensor somewhere

1 - 8 of 8 Posts