Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i push the gas on my 660 raptor, the rev slowly declines.. like its barely sticking. i have put my idle all the way down, adjusted on my throttle cable, and i cant figure it out. does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem when i converted to twist throttle. When i rejetted the carbs i found some greasy build up on the shaft that goes through both carbs that the throttle cable connects to in the case on the left side. I just cleaned it up real good and WD40'd the heck out of it and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, so i have to take all my shit off to get to it? :X

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would start by taking the cover off on the side. the little cover with 3 screws and lube inside there real good thats where i found most of my corrosion. Yours is runnin the single crab right?

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
When i push the gas on my 660 raptor, the rev slowly declines.. like its barely sticking. i have put my idle all the way down, adjusted on my throttle cable, and i cant figure it out. does anyone have any suggestions?
You most likely have a hanging idle caused by a vacuum leak or dirty pilot jets..........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, its dual carbs,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would i lube it with wd40?

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
i would start by taking the cover off on the side. the little cover with 3 screws and lube inside there real good thats where i found most of my corrosion. Yours is runnin the single crab right?
It was a response to this question, Willy.

Garret, to avoid confusion, when answering a question that was asked several posts earlier, just use the 'QUOTE' button to add the question to your response. Helps us figure out what's going on without having to re-read the whole thread or our thinking WTF?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a response to this question, Willy.

Garret, to avoid confusion, when answering a question that was asked several posts earlier, just use the 'QUOTE' button to add the question to your response. Helps us figure out what's going on without having to re-read the whole thread or our thinking WTF?

ok lol

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts

First off, let's get your symptoms understood... I suspect what you mean is when you LET GO of the throttle, the it takes a while to return to idle? Does it eventually return to a good idle, or does it remain at too high an idle speed, regardless of what you do to the idle speed screw?

1) have you taken the triangular plate off of the left carb and inspected the throttle valve and cable to see it there is anything sticking? If the engine never returns to idle, this is a likely problem as is throttle grip or throttle cable dirty/sticking.

2) If, when letting go of throttle, the RPM's slowly drop, but hang for a while, then drop to normal idle, this is indicative of a lean mixture in the idle circuit - likely due to plugged/dirty pilot jets or a vacuum leak, as Willy has suggested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as soon as i let go of the throttle, its supposed to slowly slow down or whatever.. it contenues to go but the throttle is not wide open. it is like it is sticking right at the bottom of the idle. no i have not took the plate off to clean it or anything, im waiting to get some wd-40

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
So, when you let go of throttle, it does not return all the way to idle, but stays slightly above idle?

Does it ever return to your desired idle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, but then it eventually returns to just idle

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no, the "just idle" i am talking about is my desired idle. it takes 2-3 seconds to return to my desired idle after rev.

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
You are too lean in the pilot circuit, dirty carbs? - 99%

Your throttle cable is sticking - 1%

1 - 18 of 18 Posts