Raptor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post and I’ve been chasing this issue for a while now but can’t seem to figure it out.
When I was riding last, I lost control and the bike tipped over onto its right side and stalled. When I got on it again, the electric start couldn’t turn the engine over at all. I tried push starting it but with no luck. I then tried to use the electric start once again and it turned over and ran, but with an awful knocking noise. I took the top end apart and found that the timing chain had jumped a tooth and was off by 1, so I moved it back over and put it back together. The bike ran much better afterwards, but still had a quieter yet noticeable knock that went up and down with rpm. I’ve replaced the only intake valve that I found with a tiny mark on it, put on a new timing chain, and reset the timing to proper spec and it still makes the noise. I am not sure what else it could be, so any help is much appreciated. My next guess would be that the decompression pin was stretched and somehow damaged when it stalled and the timing chain was stretched, but I am not 100%. Any help is much appreciated, thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts