Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share Raptor 660 Trail Tech dashboard setup. I searched absolutely everywhere and finally found a good durable mounting system for the computer because the plastic one included sucks. The only metal one by them was not compatible and had to be modified to fit and I didn't want to do that, plus it didn't have any place for the key or lights. I came across this one on Ebay and it is gorgeous. I hooked everything up and tapped all the plugs and wires nice and neat to make one big thing come from the dash down to behind the radiator. The dash is perfect for relocating the key and dash lights too! I know some people have had issues with the trail tech computer but I have had no issues with mine so far and love being able to see my speed and engine coolant temp. Not to mention when teaching someone new to ride a manual the rpm gauge is kinda helpful too. I would recommend this setup for anyone interested in number like I am. It also lets me keep track of when I should be doing my regular maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know you said you found this on ebay. However I cant find a listing. What did you search? This is exactly what I'm looking for!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know you said you found this on ebay. However I cant find a listing. What did you search? This is exactly what I'm looking for!
Here is the listing for the 700 raptor. I did not see any for the 660, but this is the company I got mine from. I would message the company and see if they are going to make any more. The add said to do this if you do not see what you are looking for. I picked one up also and they are a great mount. The Vapor works great too. The setup looks like it came from the factory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLET-ALUMINUM-TRAILTECH-VAPOR-MOUNT-FOR-YAMAHA-RAPTOR-700-BLACK-ANODIZED/113870431063?fits=Model:Raptor+700&hash=item1a8334e357:g:ATcAAOSw6~pcQ~cO

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,598 Posts
Thanks I sent a message.
I don't remember if the bar mounts are the same, but the 700, 660, YFZ450 and Banshee all have some interchangeability, but different lengths.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just wanted to share Raptor 660 Trail Tech dashboard setup. I searched absolutely everywhere and finally found a good durable mounting system for the computer because the plastic one included sucks. The only metal one by them was not compatible and had to be modified to fit and I didn't want to do that, plus it didn't have any place for the key or lights. I came across this one on Ebay and it is gorgeous. I hooked everything up and tapped all the plugs and wires nice and neat to make one big thing come from the dash down to behind the radiator. The dash is perfect for relocating the key and dash lights too! I know some people have had issues with the trail tech computer but I have had no issues with mine so far and love being able to see my speed and engine coolant temp. Not to mention when teaching someone new to ride a manual the rpm gauge is kinda helpful too. I would recommend this setup for anyone interested in number like I am. It also lets me keep track of when I should be doing my regular maintenance.

Can you make a video or installation process? Also where did you but the whole vapour setup

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't remember if the bar mounts are the same, but the 700, 660, YFZ450 and Banshee all have some interchangeability, but different lengths.
The difference in the housings is with the warning lights. The 660 mount comes with new warning lights that are in the mount. The one they make for the 700 does not have them because the warning lights were moved off the handle bars into the front fender. I have not messed with the 450 or Banshee.

Yamaha Special,

I got my Vapor from Rocky Mt. ATV/MC.

I didn't made a video when I put mine on. You will have to remove the front fender and gas tank. I taped into the top cooling hose for the coolant reading. You will need to tap into the wire that goes to the key switch for power. I put an inline fuse and soldered the connections. I used a 1 amp fuse. You just cut the old warning lights out and hook the new ones up. I soldered mine and used heat shrink to cover the connections. Do these one at a time so you do not hook them up wrong. I ran the speed sensor to the right front wheel when you are sitting on the bike. I put the sensor on the brake disk and drilled a hole in the plastic cover for the reader. The tack wire just wraps around the spark plug wire. It takes a few hours, but it works great! Just take your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts