Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 raptor 660 and it had the usual 2nd gear problem. I put in a complete 2005 tranny in it(all the parts were inspected, and they were good) and 2nd gear is fixed, however it is pretty difficult to shift into 2nd gear. All other gears are fine. Does anyone know whats wrong? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
i have a 2001 raptor 660 and it had the usual 2nd gear problem. I put in a complete 2005 tranny in it(all the parts were inspected, and they were good) and 2nd gear is fixed, however it is pretty difficult to shift into 2nd gear. All other gears are fine. Does anyone know whats wrong? thanks
Will the bike shift into 2nd gear easily when you're rolling along under 3000 RPM and it only has a problem when you're reving out 1st gear like in a drag race? Mine had that problem and I've learned to accept the fact that the raptor "dinosaur" transmission will never act like a 450 tranny and shift like butter. To remedy the problem I removed most all my clutch free play before I drag race and shift 2nd early, as fast as I can, making sure I have the clutch pulled in all the way before I push up on the shifter, otherwise I'm stuck pushing up on a shifter that won't go anywhere at higher RPMs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thanks for that! I was just workied i got a shift fork or something backwards.
IF i race ill try that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts