Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 raptor 660. It is pretty much stock It has a K+N. When I got it it was running rich. I could smell it and see some puffs of black smoke with a tap of the gas. It did run and I ran it around the yard a few times, then parked to start some maintance and repairs. I put a White Bro E-series slip on on it and thats it for performence goodies. I took the spark arrestor and tuning disc off and left the end cap there. Its loud (duh right). Well I was pretty much done with it and decided to take it out for a few laps around house. I ran it for about 2 miles around the house and then It sputered and died like it ran out of fuel. Now it wont start at all. I have never had the carbs apart. I can tell you its cold here now, About 30 degrees. It turns over fine and sounds normal doing it. It will sputter every now and then but wont start. My main question is, Did I kill it or is it something dumb.

·
Registered
59 Posts
almost sounds like the choke is stuck on. For it to start and ride perfect for a couple miles, and then die like that outta no where. And now it acts like it wants to start at times..... You have gas right? lol..not time to put it on reserve is it? :lol:

·
Registered
343 Posts
if you are running rich at 30 degrees wait until it warms up. time to rejet. pull your plug you may have fouled it and use the sticky for jetting. you may want to keep in mind depending on where you live it should be warming in a few weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Open the carb drains, maybe you have a float stuck closed.
Might even try tipping it on the other side, I know, not exactly scientific but whats the worst that can happen, it would still not run?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
First things first!! check the plug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts