Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when i was out riding with my boys. And thier was this guy who had a banshee and he just had the top end rebuilt with brand new OEM parts and he had full FMF pipes on it and jetted with a K&n, and my rappy has GYTR slip on drilled lid and proflow kit and when i bought my rappy it recently had a fresh top end rebuild. So this guy was talking all this shit about how fast he was compared top my rappy. but i didnt have my rappy with me so i really couldnt talk to much shit cause it needs the carbs jetted and shit like that, but n e way would i have a chance against his banshee? :eek:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well the best way to find out is to race him. Off topic, I just crushed my buddy on his new 250F dirtbike. Wouldn't even race me a second time around the track. lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
In A very long race you might get him in Speed

all he has is a powerband about this long __ you have one this long _________ Problem is it takes you too long to get to all your power takes him 2 seconds and once he is in it he will never leave it, (if he shifts good) But You should be able to catch him in a Long race but by all rights he will thrash you right off the Hop, Banshee is in a class of its own that way i Personly think, That is why People like to Mod them as Drag quads

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
get him off the line and race a short distance so he cant catch up

dont race on pavement, practice some good launches on dirt, lose the airbox, jet it properly, lose some weight, and give it your best shot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've raced my 370 +4mil Shee against a rappy, the shee took it but it did take a while off hole the rappy got me for sure(Pavement) but once I got into fifth I was gone... 8)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I raced a banshee that had pipes and was rejetted . On my raptor that had 22 inch rear tires with a slip on and I beat him by 3-4 links. He had 20's inch rear tires that were spinning. If you can hook up then you should take him.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Raptor was bone stock it's the one in my sig, without the exhaust but rappy is kinda gutless in 4th and 5th, so I cant wait to get the exhaust in and rejet it to smoke that shee!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ajax660 said:
had full FMF pipes on it and jetted with a K&n,

just to let u know banshees r 2 stroke they dont have jets so it cant be jetted, they have reads its a totally different then ur engine. An enless his banshee sucks or he sucks an cant ride it will smoke u bad u can make banshees faster then an atv out there look it up all the fastest atvs r banshees my buddys was clocked by my uncles who is a cop at 118 mph now thats fast. but stock banshees brand new i think dont quote me but it 75 80 the same as a raptor well close raptor does 70 to 75 depending on wieght but the whole point is his bike is lighter an has powerband an it will get to it top speed before ur bike the trinty kit puts like 80 to 110 hp on the dyno depending on the kit u get thats for the banshee. so just try it but if i where u dont bet on it he will take ur money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"just to let u know banshees r 2 stroke they dont have jets so it cant be jetted"

Are you retarded?.. A banshee does have jets and can be jetted just like every other atv out there. (except FI models) and as far as buddy doing 118mph goes....he would have to be geared at like 17 30 and you would have to push him to get the thing to move.

I have a modded banshee and a 660 with yoshi pipe, jetted with a K&N and my shee can out run my rappy any day as well as most of the other 4 strokes that i run with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes i was wrong im a dumbass

·
Registered
733 Posts
esr04djuice said:
yes i was wrong im a dumbass

yes you are a dumbass!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Whoa! Back off Esr Djuice, he apologized, so let it go. He is not throwin out insults, read the post.

FYI, firstraptor you aren't the forum police, as much as you'd like to be. This thread and the thread you referenced are way different.

·
Registered
679 Posts
dont race him on pavement cause then he will shred your ass.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm on a bone stock '05 raptor and I am always racing my friend on a 05 banshee. He has a milled head and toomey pipes properly jetted. Sometimes I can stay with him through first if I'm lucky. If I get a good launch I can hang through 2nd. He pulls fair in 3rd and leaves me in 4th :mad:.

12 tooth sprocket, Yoshi pipe & dyno jet kit on order. I'll have a modded answer for you next weekend 8). I hope it will be enough for the raptor to come out on top. If you race the guy, post the results. I'm going to have to do what ever it will take to beat a banshee.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
put a Yamaha Street bike motor in it and you stand a chance in my opinion

The Banshee is a pretty wicked unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can out run 400 cc banshee with heavy mods. I did it 4 times yesterday on pavement. But I just got this engine going. 01 raptor with 03 trans. 4mil crank,102mil piston with 11 to 1 comp. ratio, stage3 hotcam, background&wasted valves, ported head with modified combustion camber,dual valve springs,dyno jet stage2 148&146,stock header with no muffler, no air box lid, valve guids are also shortend. My cdi will be here friday. It is loud :eek: but flows air great, working on a exhaust. I am still using 13 x 40 gearing. 1st gear was usless. I used 2nd but still couldn't luanch hard (stock swingarm) :( but he never got more than half a bike ahead on start. As soon as I was rolling a little i could nail it pass him and stay ahead. He is a better rider than me. But mine is making more power. Got beat by a modded LTR 450 though. Waiting for cdi and higher gears and ill try agian.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts