Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
The KFX is quick off the line, but once you start getting some gear the raptor easily pulls away.

This has been my experience, stock vs stock or bolt on vs bolt on in dirt and sand.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yea, the KFX is torquey buy heavy. And the poorly set up centrifugal clutch really doesn't help put the power down. I suppose on the plus side-->no missed shifts.

·
Registered
735 Posts
except for off the line, I take em as soon as I hit 2nd. Nice thing about the kfx is that it is easy to launch off the line with the auto tranny. As soon as Im up and moving, I can shift pleanty fast, never letting off the gas, and have no problem smoking kfx's

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have both 06 kfx and a 660 and no way will a 660 keep up not until 5th and that a maybe, and my kfx will smoke most moded 450s

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
sal said:
i have both 06 kfx and a 660 and no way will a 660 keep up not until 5th and that a maybe, and my kfx will smoke most moded 450s
Bone stock a kfx700 will not do these things you say.

If your bike has modifications please share them with us.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i have both and mod for mod the kfx will keep up with a 660 through the first 3 gears and then the kfx will run out of gear. but in a 300 ft race they are pretty close. now if you race up a sand hill then the 660 will walk away sooner

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
at our local dirt drags, there is a KFX700 that has had the motor done by some shop in Canada and some kind of mods to the clutch. It ain't no slouch. It has put many good bikes on the trailer and its driven by a GIRL :lol: It has no problem at all with piped/jetted YFZs or Raptors.

Don't get me wrong though, it don't belong on the track with the faster Raptors in the class or the YFZ 523 that enters our class.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Markcuda said:
So, if some one does not share your thoughs, then they are a troll?
I don't share your thoughts all the time, am I a troll?
I don't think sal is necessarily a troll, but for those wondering here is the wikipedia definition:

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

·
Registered
298 Posts
im not tyring to start crap just stating what i have done. i joined this forum because i just bought a 02 660 for $2000, and am selling my kfx, it a fun bike but way to heavy and if you have anouff money to put in a kfx it will hual ass. and it has hmf dules dynateck cdi air box mod with 178f and 180r with a dalton o/b primay spring with 58g wieghts with cluch cover and some other cluch work, the cluch work is the most important on a kfx if you want it to haul ass. and 660 just arnt that fast stock. all my friend ride 450s so i know i bought this 660 for chep just to put a ton of money in to it, veres buying a new raptor 700se.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome to the forum if I haven't said so already! This place rules if you want to find info on your rappy 660, the guys in the 700 section are just as helpful! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
sal said:
im not tyring to start crap just stating what i have done. i joined this forum because i just bought a 02 660 for $2000, and am selling my kfx, it a fun bike but way to heavy and if you have anouff money to put in a kfx it will hual ass. and it has hmf dules dynateck cdi air box mod with 178f and 180r with a dalton o/b primay spring with 58g wieghts with cluch cover and some other cluch work, the cluch work is the most important on a kfx if you want it to haul ass. and 660 just arnt that fast stock. all my friend ride 450s so i know i bought this 660 for chep just to put a ton of money in to it, veres buying a new raptor 700se.
good choice. but yea my dads friend has a kfx 700 wth some stuff and it keeps up with our raptors. there big and stuff but with the right stuff they can keep up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
glad to be hear and i will be looking for all the info i can get.

·
Registered
735 Posts
you'll be surprised what that single cylinder 600 is capable of once modded right. Nice thing is, only one cylinder to buy parts for now, and the weight savings are nice, less fatique.

Learn how and when to powershift and you'll be quicker thatn the KFX, TRX, and YFZs out there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.