Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy both have raptor 660's same year. I have a full Hmf pipe, dial-a-jet kit, pro-flow filter kit with no air box lid and a Big-Gun cdi box. I am running stock tires and rims. Gears and suspension are stock. My buddy's raptor is completely stock everything no pipe or air filter. In a drag race on the line we are neck an neck but at the bottom of 3rd he just pulls away an by the time we hit 5th he has a good 4 bike lenths on me i need help.??? Any suggestions.?????

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
how much do you guys weigh? what are you racing on - dirt, pavement, etc? how are you launching? shifting too high possibly with that cdi box

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you dont have a dyno close get rid of the dial a jet and get the dynojet stage 2 kit and follow the instructions. The instructions are damn close on most apps if not spot on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
I'd bet you're not jetted correctly. I've seen this a million times before. Find a dyno in your area and have it dyno tuned, then go whip his azz.
x2 u can have all the mods u want but if your runin to lean
than u loose alot of hp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We both weight around 160 and race on dirt and pavement. And shifting is not a problem we are both experienced riders. Could i be losing compression? Or am i just gonna keep getting spanked after investing $2000

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree with coalshed, it happens all the time, get the bike tuned as if it is not jetted perfect you will go backwards. It is amazing as i had a friend of mine get beaten by our buddies stock 700 at the sand, while he had a 4 over swingarm, air kit, dyno jet kit, lte dual exhaust, sproket changes and a few other litttle mods, he had it jetted correctly and came back later and beat the 700, jetting is so critical. just my fyi

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Your either not tuned right or he is just a better rider.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me and my buddy both have raptor 660's same year. I have a full Hmf pipe, dial-a-jet kit, pro-flow filter kit with no air box lid and a Big-Gun cdi box. I am running stock tires and rims. Gears and suspension are stock. My buddy's raptor is completely stock everything no pipe or air filter. In a drag race on the line we are neck an neck but at the bottom of 3rd he just pulls away an by the time we hit 5th he has a good 4 bike lenths on me i need help.??? Any suggestions.?????
I would say that you are either shifting too early or too late and/or your not jetted correctly. I have same sut up as you and I pull my friends stock raptor

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Trade quads and do it again - it will tell you if it's the quad or the rider.

Of course, this thread is 12 years old, so I suspect the point is moot...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts